Mid 9742 Bricked After SD Card Input

Matthewbim11

Jun 17, 2013
Alright, so I bought a new micro SD card for my new phone, which is a Kyrocera Rise (stock Android, no altering). I put the old 2 gig SD card in my tablet, a Coby Mid 9742 and now it wont go past the Android loading screen. I've left it on for hours and it does nothing. I try to get into it using Snap Pea but it says "cannot read phones data". I've rebooted it many times and still nothing. I hope you can help. I tablet is also unaltered Android.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Remove the sdcard and reset the tablet. A lot of allwinner tablets have problems with 2GB sdcards, don't use them throw them away get at least a 4GB sdcard.

Sent from my CM9 SPH-D710 Android Phone

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Insert Paperclip in small hole beside usb until it resets.

If doesn't work boot into recovery factory reset. First method should work though, a reboot does nothing but reboot.

Matthewbim11

Jun 17, 2013
I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but I put the paper clip in and it turned off and back on, but it's still doing the thing. Can you tell me how to do the factory reset? I did the paper clip multiple times.

Last edited:

Matthewbim11

Jun 17, 2013
When I hold down power, volume up and back, it boot's normally. Can you tell me how to boot into recovery mode on this tablet?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You should be able to get into recovery using volume- and power. It works 100% of the time for me, so if it doesn't work for you there may be a hardware issue.