MID F117 Stops at Boot 'ANDROID_ '

dustyman432

May 13, 2012
New to this Forum, so hello and plz excuse some of my spelling.

I have a Mid F117 China android 7" tablet with version 2.3, It worked for 3 days then would not get on wireless network.
I did a factory reset, and it worked, but wifi would not connect, tried to do another factory reset to get rid of wifi info before I take back to seller.
Well this is why I'm here, Now it won't boot past the word 'Android_' the cursor just sits there and blinks. I can only turn off with the reset on reverse, or holding down the 'Home & Power buttons at same time.
I have downloaded all I can and put on a Sd card but nothing works. No matter what I try or put on the card, nothing is working. So now I have a nice paper weight.
This is a tablet and has no volume up or down, only 3 buttons home, menu and back.
1 More thing is that when I connect the tablet to my computer nothing happens, my computer does not see it or the sd card inside.
Is there any one out there that can help out?

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi sorry to hear about your tablet problems. So what exactly did you put on your SD card and try when you say "I have downloaded all I can and put on a Sd card but nothing works"? It sounds like this is your problem. It is never a good idea to just put things on an SD card and randomly try them if you don't know what you are doing.

Following the exact instructions for a factory reset for your device without using anything on the SD card is your best bet at this point. Hopefully you can get it back to out of the box condition and then take the wifi issue from there. The chances are that your wifi issue had nothing to do with the device itself and you needed to change a wifi setting either on your tablet or on the router. If those solutions don't correct the issue then it could be a hardware issue for which you would have to return.

Last edited:

jfrancis

May 15, 2012
Hi, I also just got the MID F 117 tablet and the first time I turned it on it got stuck on the "Android_" screen and nothing happened. I tried reseting it but nothing changes. Tried connecting it to my PC but it won't recognize it or charge. Is there anything else I can try besides the Reset option which does nothing?

hounddog

Dec 28, 2012
I have a similar problem to those above.

I have this tablet that someone gave me to see if I could get it running again. It originally worked fine, but just stopped. It is a "generic" 7" tablet, with no brand name, just the writing "Made in China" and "model F117" I've found no support for this thing on the Internet. The tablet is very similar to this one wholesale or buy PC7261-F117 Tablet PC-China PC7261-F117 Tablet PC price,picture except that it is white, and has no HDMI port.

The problem with it is as follows:
1) The unit starts up with a screen that says "irulu connecting my world" - in colour - that tells me that the hardware is working
2) Once that screen clears there is a little flashing _ cursor in the top left corner for a couple of seconds
3) Next comes up the word "ANDROID_" on the screen, towards the left, about midway down. The cursor at the end of this line just flashes.
4) After a variable amount of time the "ANDROID_" sometimes disappears and that is as far as it gets. The unit remains powered on, with the backlight working, but it doesn't boot to the OS
5) From here the unit can't be turned off using the power button.
6) There is a reset button/hole on the back and when that is pushed the unit shuts off, then when powered back on it just cycles back through the process described above

Seems to me the OS is corrupt. From the website noted above I believe it is Android 2.3 Gingerbread that was originally on this thing.

I popped the unit open and found the following:
On the board:
pc7261 v1.2
2012/1/1
e305905

On the Main chip:
infotmic
imapx210bm1-80
pck527 . oop-3

There is a T-flash slot on the unit and I do have a micro-sd card that can be put into it if it needs to be flashed. I need some instruction though, I haven't worked on these tablets at all before. Lots of experience in the PC world though.

How do I ressurect this thing? Is it a waste of time?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Well not much hope for you but you could try to get into recovery mode with the hard key combo's . Try different combinations as that's your only choice left to het into recovery and do a factory reset there.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi robkyut, congratulations on your F117 tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. While you're waiting for responses, you could try the following method of resetting your tablet, it works for many of the tablets out there. Good luck!

Make sure the tablet is OFF.
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
When the Android starts to flash, release the buttons.
Then try to press different hardware buttons until you are given a list of options.

(If Volume Up and Power doesn't work, try Volume Down and Power.)