Mid wm8650

bradams115

Dec 26, 2011
Hey everyone, So I bought my first tablet, the MID WM8650 and pretty much completely disappointed with it, I guess you get what you pay for it seems. I am fairly certain that all the applications on it are fake knock offs to include the the Android Marketplace because A) it does not look like the normal marketplace and B) applications I KNOW are on the marketplace are not on this one! My main question is is it possible to just root it and re-install an android operating system or do you need one that is specific to your tablet? Just hoping to find a way to save this one rather than buy a different one. Thanks for your help!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Brad, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. I'm going to move your question to the WonderMedia Based forum for you. I'm sure you'll have a better chance of someone helping you out over there. In fact, you might even find your answer in some of the threads already posted there. Good luck!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi. They arent ipads but can still be handy. You just have to work a few things out first. Uberoid is a good rom to install, it can take time to find the right number to enter for your model but its worth it. Wifi generally works best if your router is set from 802.11 b g n to just 802.11 b g only &you can try amazon appstore or applanet, there are many out there. Some chinese apps are pretty good eg ireader for ebooks ,weather apps and more.just dont expect it to be superfast or all powerful and im sure youll see for yourself. Patience and good luck.

Sent from my WM8650 using Android Tablet Forum