MID1024 broken LCD

mccawley2000

Jun 1, 2011
My kid broke the screen on my MID1024. I doesnt appear that a replacement screen is available from Coby and I have searched Ebay and Craigslist looking for a replacement. Has anyone had to have the screen replaced and if so where did you source the LCD from. I know some people think that a $230.00 tablet is disposable but not me.

Please help Thanx-:confused:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Curious to find out if you found any sources for lcd screens. I checked alibaba.com but didn't see any thing related to the coby brand

morcopolo

Jan 25, 2012
hi my first time on this site my 7024 lcd screen was broken and i pop open it then i google the number written on the lcd ribbon and i found it on ebay from china now my 7024 it ok i hope this info helps you

dabone

May 11, 2011
Can you give a link to where you bought it? I'm googling the number on mine "FPC-187T" and not seeing it.

Thanks.

Later,
dabone

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hmmm, I am almost sure 7024 uses "ut7gm" model, while 1024 with 1024n boards (1024x600 lcd resoution) uses "lp101" model.

mccawley2000

Jun 1, 2011
I was sworn to secrecy...but a company that imports tablets from china that sounds like "moby" saw my post here...(they're watching) Said that as a "one time only" would repair the screen. after some paperwork exchange and shipping them the unit I received a repaired unit ( yeah right, different SN and NIB). I got it back with a nice letter saying the screen had been replaced and the OS returned to original state. got it back, updated ROM , restored it and all is good. Good luck with this company if you need your screen replaced..It most likely wont happen. I jumped through more hoops than a circus poodle. My kid still catches hell for breaking it...parenting through guilt!

P.S. to the company that did the "repair" a big thank you! My 1024 is still rocking along. Now how about some 3.0 source code leakage?

mccawley2000

Jun 1, 2011
It now has a 16Gb internal flash..does everything I need with plenty of storage. It's been so long since I flashed this thing I don't recall which FW I used but would like to thank everyone who works with these tablets. From the people who crack them open to code writers. thank you and keep up the good work...even those who brick and break their tablets, thanks for the learning experience !