MID1125 Stuck at Coby Logo

m0n

Jan 7, 2012

I just restored my tablet from the image files posted by Paulonsf over @ KTZ and to no avail.......I still have no touch/tilt capabilities

m0n

Jan 7, 2012
Just a reminder.......using LCD Denisty is what started all this after rooting and installing android marketplace. Reason why I used LCD Density is I read that will solve the incompatibility issue

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
If you want could try FDWN process. Only do it if you know how this program work, if not reseach learn about it before.

2shared - download lk_EM102.rom.zip, This is a lk.rom ( firmware ) from coby 1125.

Dont' install other lk.rom , only use this file.
open you tablet on FDWN add this lk.rom and create a Nand_data.fail ( dont use xxx_ mdt.img ). press start, before done. reset you tablet will appear a little robot
with andoide 2.33 logo. After that, put you tablet on fastboot mode and execute the patch to go to recovery and install the images. Please dont use custon rom... try to recover everything function on your tablet before.

I only tell to use FDWN mode because your tablet seems with firmware problema or HW problem. If you are not safe to do it please reseach more before.

FDWN could brick your tablet. But I used it on my tablet without problems

ps. dont use other tablet lk.rom, because it could dead you tablet.

m0n

Jan 7, 2012
What I dont get is why the menu/home buttons won't work.....along w/ the touchscreen. Every rom update from KTZ has a build.prop file and doesn't LCD Density change the dpi within it?? So if a rom has support for the 1125 you would think it would fix any problems right??

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
To go to fastboot ( reset your tablet volume down) to go to FDWN ( reset + volume up) . Why do you need menu or home to try recovery?? I think, if you reinstall the lk.rom for coby 1125, your tablet will turn on ok, if there isnt HW problem. But only do it if you how to use FDWN program. Do this at your own risk, but I sure taht this process works with me.

Steps:

1- Install de FDWN/fastboot programs. Open FDWN program ( PC win 32 bits)
2- Reset you tablet + volume up to go to FDWN mode
3- PC will install the FWDN drives and you can see the main screen of FDWN with two box ( Nand, MTD).
4- press "..." to choose the correct lk.rom 2shared - download lk_EM102.rom.zip, after that press add , and start, wait finish.
5- press NAND box and create a image NAND_data.fai, this image will automatically go to the main screen of FDWN program. press START , wait finish , reset your tablet. Will appear a litlle robbot in your tablet.
6 . Put you tablet in fastboot mode ( reset + volume down) and execute thepatch_1125 to go to recovery mode and install the imagens.

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
Atention:

Dont instal any Nand_data. fail from other sites ( In some procedures you need to install the posted Nand_Data.fail, dont do it) . You need to create yours NAND Data.fail. This file is done by program FDWN using yours lk.rom. So press on NAND box and create yours Nand file.

ScottP

Jan 13, 2012
I followed this thread and successfully revived my Kyros 1125 however now the touchscreen is non-responsive. I just happened to have nine Kyros' here for work, so I got the brilliant idea to run CWM on another tablet (using patch_1125) to make a backup image and restore that. The image restored ok, but same issue, screen still non-responsive. Then I noticed the new unit I made the backup from had a non-responsive screen as well. It looks like it's the CWM (or patch_1125) that's killing the screen, and now I have TWO paperweights here. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Last edited:

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
The patch is only to rivive you coby, to install a CWM on a good coby you need to folow the tutorial "how to root your coby KYROS 1125" .
I am tried to simule this problem on my tablet but i dont have this problem. So you has a CWM installed ok? I posted and some people posted 1125 imagem from a great 1125 tablet. You tried to install this other images using CWM?

if you tried do this yes... but not work yet. Try:

put you tablet in fastboot mode (power +volum down).

use on cmd commad:

fastboot flash boot boot.img <enter>
fastboot flash system sytem.img <enter>
fastboot fash recovery recovery.img <enter>

if you have userdada, you can do the same command.

tell me if works... if not I think the only way to revive is using FWDN program I have posted a lk.rom from 1125 tablet.

PS. waht do you do before , that you tablet dead? did you install bulldog rom?

ScottP

Jan 13, 2012
We are making progress, I have one working again. I made the mistake of trying to fix these before my morning coffee. I fastbooted over the files, but you sent a system.tar instead of a system.img so I stupidly "fastboot flash system system.tar". Now the tablet is stuck at Coby. I can get into fastboot and fdwn. If I try to restore or factory restore from CWM the screen refreshes, but no writing occurs. I tried using FDWN and lk.rom but that had no effect. I have fastbooted over the boot,recovery, and system.img from imagem, didn't work. I made a backup from the good Kyros using CWM recovery and fastbooted those over, didn't work. I tried various options within CWM Recovery like formatting partitiosn, clearing caches, etc, didn't work.

The good tablet was new out of the box, no root or CWM installed. I just ran patch_1125 to get into CWM Recovery mode. Today I fastbooted over just the boot.img and recovery.img and it works perfectly now. I was able to recreate the problem and fix it again. So anytime you go into CWM recovery on a non-rooted 1125 via patch_1125 you have to fastboot over the boot and recovery afterwards to get the touchscreen back.

I originally bricked the first tablet by deleting off a file I shouldn't have. We are going to use these tablets to hand out to patients for email access so I had rooted it and was deleting off everything but the web browser. I deleted a critical file by mistake.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited:

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
So you have one ok tablet and other that not work yet, ok?

When you install the lk.rom did you create a Nand_data.img too and instaled it too? If not just do it.

At the finish, you need to reset ( with a nail on little hole next to hdmi ) a little robbot have to appear instead of a coby logo. If ok stop the procedure and write me that will try to help to recovere it.

ScottP

Jan 13, 2012
Here are the steps I'm using for FDWN:

- I press the "..." and select lk.rom
- I press "add file"
- I click on the NAND box
- In the box that opens I click "create image", I get "Make FAT image success"
- In the main window for FDWN I put a check next to "NAND data.fai" but not next to lk.rom or else I get an error
- Press start and I get a "Single-Download" box that runs to completion with a "Download is complete (1st)"

When I reset with a pin it goes straight to the Coby, I've never seen the Android Robot at this stage. I must be missing something. :(

Edit:

It looks like I was supposed to be choosing lk.rom, Add File, then hitting Start to write lk.rom to the device. When I do this I get an error: "[ERROR] CFwdnDownload::Check_BOOT_Signature:Wrong ROM File; Couldn't find CPU Type Signature;Select Again Rom File!!"

Last edited:

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
ok. I dont know why but, there is somthing in your FDWN or HW that doesnt allows the lk.rom be installed on your coby. In my case If I only install the lk.rom without the nand_data.fail and reset the robot already appeared...

Download and use FDWN V7 -V.213 on a computer win.32 bits. Are you using this FWDN version and a 32 bit computer? If not , download it and try install the lk.rom again.

If stiil not work, I am uploading a new lk.rom and an image for you. But its a 80M files so you need wait until tomorow, soon I will post it.

steps (new files):

1- press ... select the lk.rom and the m801_mtds.img

2- check both files on main screen and press start (default download)

3- create a nand_data.fail

4-check only the nand_data.fail and press start and wait finish (uncheck the lk.rom and the m801_mtds files before press start)

reset you coby... I think it will turn on.

ScottP

Jan 13, 2012
I was using an older version of FDWN. I will try the newer version and the new lk.rom.

Thanks!