MID1125 Stuck at Coby Logo

ScottP

Jan 13, 2012
Sorry for the delay, I had to go out of town on business. The new lk.rom and mdt.img you uploaded worked perfectly. The tablet is working 100%. Thank you for all your help.

Scott

flyhiguy63

Feb 1, 2012
Hey All,
I've been following this thread and have made progress reviving my brick of a tablet (coby MID1125), I too am now stuck with a unit that boots to the Hompepage, but without a working touchscreen. I had used the update method get past the loading screen that says "android" that is was stuck on. It appears the next step was to Flashboot 3 .img's, the boot,sys and recovery, but I don't quite get what the process is. I've tried to open a command prompt in windows, with the tab connected in fastboot mode, and typing the commands but it says unrecognized .....how exactly do I do that process? Or should I be trying the FDWN method???
Thanks in advance for any help! You guys are all amazing!!! :)

*** let me add that I had previously rooted using superoneclick, did NOT install CWM, then I tried to follow the process in this post here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20882476 .... I forgot the last step of doing factory reset though and then had the brick.....

Last edited:

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
I was using an older version of FDWN. I will try the newer version and the new lk.rom.

Thanks!

Hello, I have the same problem with my MID1125. After following the steps in this thread, my Coby is back online, but the touch is unresponsive and so is the tilt. I understand that I have to reinstall the lk rom. But, how do I do that? I am unable to find the FDWN program for download.

Please help!!! It's a pretty new one!!! :(

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
Hey there, just check farther into the thread, on one of the following pages "paulonsf" posts a good link to a clean img.

Thanks man! I downloaded the files and the tablet is stuck on the homescreen without touch and tilt functions responding.

Could you please tell me how to install the lk.rom on my device???

Thanks in advance!

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
To go to fastboot ( reset your tablet volume down) to go to FDWN ( reset + volume up) . Why do you need menu or home to try recovery?? I think, if you reinstall the lk.rom for coby 1125, your tablet will turn on ok, if there isnt HW problem. But only do it if you how to use FDWN program. Do this at your own risk, but I sure taht this process works with me.

Steps:

1- Install de FDWN/fastboot programs. Open FDWN program ( PC win 32 bits)
2- Reset you tablet + volume up to go to FDWN mode
3- PC will install the FWDN drives and you can see the main screen of FDWN with two box ( Nand, MTD).
4- press "..." to choose the correct lk.rom 2shared - download lk_EM102.rom.zip, after that press add , and start, wait finish.
5- press NAND box and create a image NAND_data.fai, this image will automatically go to the main screen of FDWN program. press START , wait finish , reset your tablet. Will appear a litlle robbot in your tablet.
6 . Put you tablet in fastboot mode ( reset + volume down) and execute thepatch_1125 to go to recovery mode and install the imagens.

I am trying to install the lk rom on my MID1125 tablet, but the FDWN program doesn't have two boxes as mentioned above. I downloaded v7 v2.13. The only boxes I see are Default and Binary. Also, the program doesn't recognize my tablet when connected in FDWN mode. I'm really stuck. Please help!!!

flyhiguy63

Feb 1, 2012
Good news, I loaded FWDN and tried using that, but it didn't seem to be working, so i did some more digging around and discovered that I needed the VTC drivers for FDWN to work. Once I installed those I was able to use FWDN and put the new image on. I booted it up and all was working proplerly after a factory reset.
I did have one issue with a notifiaction stating "damaged nand", and it said my SD was blank! SO I said what the hey and did the Fastboot update procedure again and the damaged nand notification is gone, and so is the touch screen again!!! lol
I am confident I can figure it out, but thought I would let you know for future reference that it appears that something in the files used to do the recovery with Fastboot is actually causing the lose of touch screen functionality!!

Thanks for all the great work.

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
Good news, I loaded FWDN and tried using that, but it didn't seem to be working, so i did some more digging around and discovered that I needed the VTC drivers for FDWN to work. Once I installed those I was able to use FWDN and put the new image on. I booted it up and all was working proplerly after a factory reset.
I did have one issue with a notifiaction stating "damaged nand", and it said my SD was blank! SO I said what the hey and did the Fastboot update procedure again and the damaged nand notification is gone, and so is the touch screen again!!! lol
I am confident I can figure it out, but thought I would let you know for future reference that it appears that something in the files used to do the recovery with Fastboot is actually causing the lose of touch screen functionality!!

Thanks for all the great work.

Since, even am having the same problem, could you please tell me from where you downloaded the VTC drivers??? I am unable to find it on net.

Could you please help me out on this???

Thank you!

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
Good news!!!

Got my tablet working again without the FWDN!!!

Just rewrote the boot and recovery images using fastboot and the tablet is back to normal!!!

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
So you have one ok tablet and other that not work yet, ok?

When you install the lk.rom did you create a Nand_data.img too and instaled it too? If not just do it.

At the finish, you need to reset ( with a nail on little hole next to hdmi ) a little robbot have to appear instead of a coby logo. If ok stop the procedure and write me that will try to help to recovere it.

Thanks to this post, I was able to revive my tablet!!!

Thank you very much!!!

naddame

Feb 10, 2012
Thanks to all these posts I was able to bring my brick back to life...however, there is one small thing that is still following me. I keep getting a quick status bar note saying that my nand memory is damaged. It goes away after a few seconds and all works properly, but...just sayin.

Thanks to all and especially to Paulonsf for all the work he put into this.

Note: Not sure what I'm going to do with the 3G aspect of all this, but as long as it doesn't hurt, why not?