Mid701 New and missing "calendars"

griffinba

Aug 2, 2011
I tried my best to search and scan but I did not get a hit on my issue so if I'm missing something please recommend a path.

I have a new mid701, android 2.2, 2G

When I try to make entries into the calendar, I get an error that I have no calendars. I also do not get the google calendar entry on my "accounts" screen. I do get docs and gmail.

I cleared calendar storage and calendar, reset several times, tried loading other calendars from the market, tried setting up another gmail account to link to...all to no avail.

Typically when I have a problem that has no hits in the forums, I assume that I'm missing something and keep trying things.

I'm out of things to try. I can of course look at my google calendar thru the web but I like jorte and the ability to have the calendar offline.

I also have a droid x so I feel familiar with most droid stuff but I've never gone the rooting or flash route

Nice to be part of the forum!!

Last edited:

griffinba

Aug 2, 2011
I have been able to find what I need, thank you to all of you who post tips and findings!! I was able to piece together a solution and actually I'm now quite content with this product.

It does take a lot of kidding on the web but for less tha $100 what a great entry!

Tips

Get a free root app from Amazon
Get a free file manager app from Amazon (turn on hidden files)
Get a Google extras file from the web (several sources)
Use the onboard installer to install the google calendar update APK (there's abunch of stuff that is not in the base Open source Android)
Voila!!!

I went from never having rooted to the entire process quite quickly.

Now have lots of Apps, the 8gb microcard from my old BlackBerry and a pretty handy tablet.

I will go for more speed some day but this is a good learning tool

The supplied wire that lets one attach USB devices is amazing!! I went into my old junk to find a 256kb size (boy this area went big fast) as the tablet tries to map the whole drive on each attach so for file transfer the smaller drive is preferrable

The screen is allowing me to use a stylus (fingers only work with you nail) but I like that from my old palm pilot days

My next challenge is getting the on/off switch to respond every time, that is taking some practice

Happy HaiPad user!!