Mid7012 uninstall options

Dec 18, 2011
I have a mid7012 tablet. I want to uninstall apps that I've downloaded to free up some space. In the "Manage applications" I have taken all my apps that I've downloaded & "moved" them to my sd card to free up memory. My question is that when I go into "Manage applications" and click on the app I want to uninstall there is a button that says "clear data". What is this? When I click on it, it says "Delete...All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases and so on." What is the difference between this & the "Uninstall" button. The apps I want to get rid of I want to permanently get rid of. Does the "Uninstall" permanently get rid of all data for that particular app or does it just uninstall and the app is still floating around somewhere still taking up data? If I hit the "clear data" will it do more of want I really want to do? I've searched the net & can't find any info on the "clear data" button. Please help!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
"Clear data" clears application data (settings, cache, other files app uses), it's like reseting the app: if you start it again it will be like the first time you did.

Uninstall completely removes the app and its data from tablet.