MID7022-4G or Nook Color (Refurbished)?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I am having some trouble deciding between the two. I already bought the Coby Mid7022 (w/protection plan) but after seeing I can get a NC for the same price refurbished ($205 w/tax) I am wondering if I should return it.

I got it from Toys R Us online and my understanding that is if I open it and try it out I cannot return it at all so I have to make the decision before I open it.

Things I want to be able to do:
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Capactive(sp?) touch screen
- Multitouch
- Lots of internet browsing (Right now I use a ipod touch 1G if not on computer)
- Watch flash videos (Youtube/Espn.com, etc)
- Play games (Paradise Island, Angry Birds, GBC emulator)
- Must have APPS (Facebook, Twitter, AdFree [needs root], Amazon, Gmail, Google Voice [for texting], Youtube/VEVO)
- Root the device
- CM7 would be nice but not a must I use it on my phone becuase its much faster than stock rom and only way for me to have Gingerbread
- Read PDF files, Word files, Power point (Via documents to go app)
- Connect to HDTV (To be able to watch movies stored on device + youtube videos)

The reason I am leaning towards the 7022 is because of the 1080p/720p playback though the Hdmi port built in. I wanted a device that I could store movies on and watch them on my HD tvs (Currently I have to hook a laptop of via hdmi port).

For those of you with the 7022 how do you like it and is it worth it? Has anyone tried the hdmi port movie playback? Are there any problems at all?

Any suggestions??

P.S. I have no interest in e-books or anything like that the only books I read are college text books

Last edited:

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I am having some trouble deciding between the two. I already bought the Coby Mid7022 (w/protection plan) but after seeing I can get a NC for the same price refurbished ($205 w/tax) I am wondering if I should return it.

I got it from Toys R Us online and my understanding that is if I open it and try it out I cannot return it at all so I have to make the decision before I open it.

Things I want to be able to do:
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Capactive(sp?) touch screen
- Multitouch
- Lots of internet browsing (Right now I use a ipod touch 1G if not on computer)
- Watch flash videos (Youtube/Espn.com, etc)
- Play games (Paradise Island, Angry Birds, GBC emulator)
- Must have APPS (Facebook, Twitter, AdFree [needs root], Amazon, Gmail, Google Voice [for texting], Youtube/VEVO)
- Root the device
- CM7 would be nice but not a must I use it on my phone becuase its much faster than stock rom and only way for me to have Gingerbread
- Read PDF files, Word files, Power point (Via documents to go app)
- Connect to HDTV (To be able to watch movies stored on device + youtube videos)

The reason I am leaning towards the 7022 is because of the 1080p/720p playback though the Hdmi port built in. I wanted a device that I could store movies on and watch them on my HD tvs (Currently I have to hook a laptop of via hdmi port).

For those of you with the 7022 how do you like it and is it worth it? Has anyone tried the hdmi port movie playback? Are there any problems at all?

Any suggestions??

P.S. I have no interest in e-books or anything like that the only books I read are college text books

Well the NC is great but the HDMI out part is out and the coby does 1080 p playback perfectly n out to the TV very well as well

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum