MID7022 Microphone

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
I have been trying all the ports and other features, etc on my 7022, So far I cannot find a way to test to see if my microphone works or not. You guys know of any app that may use the microphone?

russell_t

Jul 30, 2011
I have been trying all the ports and other features, etc on my 7022, So far I cannot find a way to test to see if my microphone works or not. You guys know of any app that may use the microphone?

I've had success with SIP-based calls using the Sipdroid app on my 7022. The most recent release of Skype works on my 7022 - audio only, no video - as does audio with the ReelPortal app which is available via Appslib. (The ReelPortal app also receives video on my 7022, but does not send video.) Hope that helps.

Last edited:

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
I've had success with SIP-based calls using the Sipdroid app on my 7022. The most recent release of Skype works on my 7022 - audio only, no video - as does audio with the ReelPortal app which is available via Appslib. (The ReelPortal app also receives video on my 7022, but does not send video.) Hope that helps.

Hey thanks....will see if I can get those app and give it a try. Was hoping for a voice activated app for making notes, etc.

JArmandB

Jul 13, 2011
You mean besides the camera app built in? I just recorded a quick video to test the microphone.

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
You mean besides the camera app built in? I just recorded a quick video to test the microphone.

Duh !! I didn't think about the camera/video to try the voice/Mic Thanks!!!

I did download Skype but what the app devs say is not the case , they say with Android 2.3 you can use the front facing camera....but the selection is not available when I went to the menu. I was briefly able to see the caller on my screen though. However I did get to make a call and test the microphone. Thanks guys!

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Qik works on my 7022 both audio and video, they and Skype are owned by the same company. And since all of our HTC Evo, wife and daughter have 4G and I have the Evo 3D, phones had the Qik app, added it to the Coby. Works pretty good.

WillRXR

Sep 28, 2011
Duh !! I didn't think about the camera/video to try the voice/Mic Thanks!!!

I did download Skype but what the app devs say is not the case , they say with Android 2.3 you can use the front facing camera....but the selection is not available when I went to the menu. I was briefly able to see the caller on my screen though. However I did get to make a call and test the microphone. Thanks guys!

I've been looking for Skype and SipDroid to download but can't find it in the Coby marketplace. I added the Droid Marketplace and it doesn't show up there either. In fact, the Droid marketplace seems much more limited than the one on my Motorola Droid. It also doesn't register my device to the droid marketplace on my pc. What am I doing wrong and how do I get these apps? They're essential.

Thanks

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I've been looking for Skype and SipDroid to download but can't find it in the Coby marketplace. I added the Droid Marketplace and it doesn't show up there either. In fact, the Droid marketplace seems much more limited than the one on my Motorola Droid. It also doesn't register my device to the droid marketplace on my pc. What am I doing wrong and how do I get these apps? They're essential.

Thanks
It's a common problem with Android Market 3.x. Either roll back to 2.x (I think 2.3.6 is the latest) or you will need a special version and/or spoof your device's fingerprint so Market will think it's another (supported) device. See another threads about Market and your specific model.