MID7022 noob needs help with videos on the device

synapticflow

Aug 23, 2011
I've only been messing around with my new MID7022 for a day. I've put some videos on it but I can't say their names or a thumbnail picture of them. What can I do to get those two things working?

PS: The videos play just fine. They are mp4 format.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Jul 18, 2011
Mvideo Player works great. It will find your videos on your SD card and then list them in a menu with titles and thumbnails.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

synapticflow

Aug 23, 2011
I was wanting this to work without adding any extra app, but I will give that a try if there is no other way.

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
im partial to qqplayer, it runs on the 7022 nicely, it searches the entire sd card for videos and I have divx avi movies running awesome. Its on the market.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
stock video player sucks for all devices. I suggest trying out some market video players. Along with the ones mentioned I like moboplayer. Allows you to adjust brightness and volume by swiping finger up and down and saves these settings for just when you play videos.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I use RockPlayer Universal because it plays m-jpeg video from my Cannon point and shoot camera and also files from my Cannon HD cam-corder (if I rename them mpg). This was the only player that seemed to work out of the 3 or 4 I tried.

synapticflow

Aug 23, 2011
Ok, here's my update. I tried every app mentioned here and some other so called "great" ones. Every single one gave me some sort of problem, the most common being glitching artifacts in the video or control misfunction. Most didn't create video thumbnails. Enter Zimly. Zimly Media Player It wins on two points, being an audio and video player in one app, but it is working perfectly for me. I love it! I have thumbnails created automatically for everything. MP3 album art displays properly. They seem very responsive to feature requests and want to improve their app. It's also free. How could I forget that.

I'm happy to say my problems have been solved with this app. I can't wait to see where they take it in the future.

rahzel

Aug 16, 2011
The only issue I have with Gallery is it doesn't list the file names. I downloaded a video player simply called "Video Player" and it seems to just be a simple app that lists all of your videos, including file names... then once you select a video, it will open the player of your choice (which I prefer to just use Gallery).

MikesCoby

Dec 5, 2011
Ok, here's my update. I tried every app mentioned here and some other so called "great" ones. Every single one gave me some sort of problem, the most common being glitching artifacts in the video or control misfunction. Most didn't create video thumbnails. Enter Zimly. Zimly Media Player It wins on two points, being an audio and video player in one app, but it is working perfectly for me. I love it! I have thumbnails created automatically for everything. MP3 album art displays properly. They seem very responsive to feature requests and want to improve their app. It's also free. How could I forget that.

I'm happy to say my problems have been solved with this app. I can't wait to see where they take it in the future.

Would it be a lot of trouble for someone to tell me (in some detail) how to download and install an app like Zimly Media Player? I to have a ton of videos from my Canon Point and Shoot camera that I would like to transfer and play on the Coby 7022. I'm a real novice at this Android world. Thanks

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Would it be a lot of trouble for someone to tell me (in some detail) how to download and install an app like Zimly Media Player? I to have a ton of videos from my Canon Point and Shoot camera that I would like to transfer and play on the Coby 7022. I'm a real novice at this Android world. Thanks

If you don't have Android Market installed, you can download it directly from Softonic using any browser directly from your tablet:
Zimly (Android) - Download

It seems to be available from GetJar as well (highly recommended if you have only AppsLib):
http://www.getjar.com/mobile/39435/zimly-media-player-for-free-download/