mid7024-4g wont charge, wierd sympthoms

narwaana

Feb 1, 2012
Hello, i got a mid7024-4g running 2.3 out of the box (oddly enough)
recently i took a long trip by car, and used a cheap car adapter to keep it alive.
ever sinche i have not been able to charge through my wall charger.
the charger manages to push the battery to 4% and keep it alive, but the power jumps between 2 and 4%.
the lockscreen says that its charging, my battery widget says its charging, but the statusbar only shows the red battety with a x.
Another wierd thing is that both the led lamps are on, its both blinking red (im charging) and shine bright blue (im done charging).

Anyone got a idea about whats going on? Have i fried my battery somehow? Is it fixable?

/ Narw

narwaana

Feb 1, 2012
Ive tryed pushing the reset button, but nothing happends. Should i do it on startup?

narwaana

Feb 1, 2012
tryed it, still the same problem. it appears that the battery think its both charging and are done charging, one step forward and one step back.
i have a theory why the problem occured now, the car charger are a 12v charger, but the kyros only supports 9v. Ithink ive fryed something.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
if thats the problem i guess you could send it back to where u buy it and ask for replacement. i hope its still under warranty. cause im not that good on opening a tablet. :)
anyway i wonder have u tried to re-install the original firmware?

edit: there is an app called battery calibration. its free on the market. or try to google it. try to install it then run it while charging and see if your battery is charging.and i hope your rooted because you can calibrate your battery with it.

Last edited:

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Do you have another genertic 9vdc charger you could try OR a volt meter to measure the one you have. If you have a volt meter test fot AC also...you should have little to none (low ripple).

(I charge my 8024 with a car charger BUT it can be switched between 5Vdc 9Vdc and 12Vdc. I of course use 9Vdc and it works great. At work I use a Bench Top 0-12vdc supply set again at 9Vdc.)

Last edited: