-Set manufacture name to Coby Kyros
-Set model to MID7024
-Softkeys work
-Home button works as home
-Phone/Telephony apps remove
-Host file to filter ads
-Rootable
-Market
-Added UTModules for Coby Kyros 7024 only (i dont know if 8024 and 1024 uses additional/different drivers)
-Added files for softkeys

*Note
C8lean custom firmware contains Bluetooth module but settings is false by default. If you want to try it just change value to true at INIT.SMDKV210.RC

This Custom firmware will update your u-boot.bin and logo. Logo was pulled from my Kyros tablet and the U-Boot.Bin was hex edit to replace GCC308 to HI704 camera string.

Basically everything works for me.. Camera, 3G USB Modem, Volume hardware buttons, Home Button, Power button, HDMI. Sleep funtion also works ok 24hrs+ when tablet is put to sleep. Can wake up by pressing Silver button or the Power Button.

This is as close as to the original Coby Kyros Firmware as i can make so far.

What not works
-Bluetooh (i dont have bluetooth but im not sure if bluetooh works with this one) (for 402 no bluetooth apk)
-Battery (i dont know why it cant detect if charger is connected)
-Could not set default Video player.

*As usual this works for my tablet but i hold no responsibility if it bricks your. My tablet's board have 7025 marking.

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
and the rapidshare refuses to work and cooperate for the last hour, there has to be a better way, arrgghh ! ! ! and the dnld is very upsetting...

Last edited:

rgrace110

Aug 18, 2011
Woking better than it was but softkeys on 7024 do not function. Home key is home key, so there is no back...

Any ideas.. Is there a driver pack or somethign to install..

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
Hey all.
MODS thanks for making this sticky
I've been really busy these days so I haven't check this forum in a while and I'm very exited about the great progress around the custom roms.
wicced247, flxrms are doing some amazing job especially considering that they never had the official coby update to work with.
Unfortunately I still see some issues rising here and there that without recovery are still a little frightening.
flxrms you mention that your tablet's board is 7025 making, how do you identify this?

Also when you mention what is working is that for both roms or one in particular?
Youl also say the home button is working, what about the other ones? back, menu, browser and search

Aug 4, 2011
Hello! Prompt, and does not know whether anyone else how to open (disassemble) 8024 tablet or modzhet who will link to the photo and video review of the analysis (expansion) is a tablet? And yet - and that there is no possibility of recovery?
Just a question - how to make a complete "snapshot" of the system so that it could be "poured" on the memory card tablet?
Thank you in advance and sorry for the clumsy

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Woking better than it was but softkeys on 7024 do not function. Home key is home key, so there is no back...

Any ideas.. Is there a driver pack or somethign to install..

You can try this one https://rapidshare.com/files/1070714552/7024-C8lean_v0.41_v2.rar i first shared here this one many had used and stable. Or you can try the updated C8lean v0.051 i added.

I tried downloading the files i uploaded..reflashed it again...everything works including the softkey. i'm now thinking if coby change something with their hardware.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
i think only 2.3(c8lean 1.1) have a working bluetooth as confirmed by other users...as for me i dont have bluetooth dongle to use to test...

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Kyros 7024 now have a different board so please be careful when upgrading your tablet. my tablet was bought a few weeks after release so its a 7025 board, newer 7024 now have 7024-v06 mark.

Image courtesy of mudknot2005
Kyros-7024-Mid7025-board.jpg

Image from Blog do Jaldo
Kyros-7024-Mid7024-v06-board.jpg

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
This is the update for 7024-C8lean_v0.41_v2, this basically contains the updated u-boot.bin.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2821599614/CFW-MID7024-V4-C8lean_v0.41.rar

PW: FLXRMS

Changes:
Battery indicator now have Percentage value
Using different font.
Loading screen updated.

Instructions:
1)Format 2G microSD with FAT32
2)Extract "CFW-MID7024-V4-C8lean_v0.41" into root of microSD card.
3)Put microSD card into Coby 7024.
4)Press "Home"(shiny button) & "Power Button" at same time.

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
over on "the other major tablet forum - behind XDA", there is a new FW release for haipad / herotab / dropad, '0831'. the factory only gave out a single line . . . "Supports RJ45 USB card." . . But then a member went "OMG OMG OMG . . ." because they found out the new FW increases the clock from .999 to 1.149 GHz. Wow ! fifteen percent faster - free !
. . . . . . .
New Haipad firmware release today . . . http://www.haipad.ne...dShow.asp?ID=24
. . . . . . .
Prox32 immediately made a 'mod' with it, and then everyone is saying the result is GREAT...
. . . . . . .
can we take prox32's FW at : [ROM] Evolution 2.0 R2 [11/09] - SlateDroid.com . . . and patch in our display, kybd and camera tweak ?
. . . . . .
okay who is the un-official official coby tweaker ? . . . dave ? . . . dave's not here.

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@rain
i'm actually testing that..but there's a problem with Volume Hardware button not working, the driver for the volume hardware is not working with the new kernel. :(