MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

elemist2

May 5, 2011
here are two versions of the same custom rom they are both the same except one of them i didnt add the market updater because some people are having trouble with the new market. so i left it out so the people with those problems wont have to fuss with it.

i changed:

* lcd_density=200 to lcd_density=175
* i enabled the 3g settings menu
* i removed the stock coby apps
* i added google applications including market
* i added Network3gMonitor.apk, shortcut3g.apk,NetworkLocation.apk
* i changed ro.secure=1 to ro.secure=0
* i changed ro.debuggable=0 to ro.debuggable=1
* i changed mid8024 to mid7024

market enabled custom rom
custommid7024marketupdater.rar

market enabled custom rom with out the market updater
custommid7024nomarketupdater.rar

allright if you wanna give it a test let me know how it works

elemist2

May 5, 2011
i have created a custom gingerbread rom for the mid7024 by customizing c8lean 1.1 this was originally for

the volume buttons dont work and i cant get the froyo calibration app to work in gingerbread

DISCLAIMER: i cant test this rom so if in the very slight chance it bricks your tablet its not my fault.

*i used the zimage and zimage.debug from c8lean 0.7 for the buttons. - thanks to harrystruman for the guide
*i added s3c-button.kl also to get buttons working properly i pulled it from the "stock" mid7024 rom
*i have the 3g turned on also
*since it was derived from c8lean its already rooted and has market
*i hex edited all the files to get the camera working
*added stock boot logo
*added stock background (i hope i did it right)
*Changed device name to MID7024

i have two versions for you to try but only use the second if the rotation is off by 180 on the first

custom gingerbread rom
c8lean 1.1 meshed.rar

custom gingerbread rom no 180 fix
c8lean 1.1 meshed no 180 flip.rar

i
could realy use some feed back on this. so if you try it let me know how it runs for you, i wanna know witch one i can delete or if i have to modify it...lol

elemist2

May 5, 2011
alright looks like i will be modifying the stock 7024 firmware later. im editing the first page now

elemist2

May 5, 2011
edit:here is the old post because i figure you can still get a good intro to rom modding by reading this stuff

Since the official rom for the MID8024 came out it is now possible to get an almost complete stock "official" rom for the MID7024. the only difference is that the first coby logo upon boot isnt centered(but the second one is).

using this people can make custom roms or even improve upon custom roms that have been out for a while.

here is a guide to make your own "stock" rom or you can use the already made one here :
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

if thats not the way you roll and you want to make your own here is the guide.

1. open up u-boot.bin in a hex editor
2. search for "lcd="
3. change "lcd=ut08gm" to "lcd=ut07gm"
4. search for "camrev="
5. change "camrev=y" to "camrev=x"

that is how you get it to work barebones. but it will still show up as a mid8024.

to change the device name to mid7024 and to activate usb 3g do the following

1. open "board.8024.tgz" with 7zip

2. open "board.8024.tar" inside 7zip

3. leaving the 7zip window open copy "init.smdkv210.rc" to the desktop

4. open init.smdkv210.rc with wordpad or notepad++

5. change the following lines
"setprop ro.product.model MID8024" to "setprop ro.product.model MID7024"
"setprop au.ui.enable_3g false" to "setprop au.ui.enable_3g true"

feel free to edit other entrys but thats not for this guide

6. save your file

7. copy the "init.smdkv210.rc" back into the 7zip window and click yes to confirm file copy

8. close the 7zip window and when it says "file 'board.8024.tar' was modified, do you want to update it in the archive?" click on the ok button

9. now you have a completed custom "stock" mid7024 rom

10. (optional) i personally changed the logo.bmp to the one from the pulled files from a stock tablet. i have included this here

it will be great to see all the custom roms that you all will start making with this information.

the majority of this information was not figured out by me. props go out to flxrms for showing me how to do this stuff and for being patient while i was being a noob. i have just compiled this into an easy howto so other people can enjoy the wealth

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Custom Firmware for 7024 Base on Official 7024 firmware of Coby!

***Please note i customise my firmware base on what i want and how i use my tablet. I am not responsible if something bad happen to your tablet... This is also just a hobby.. please dont be mad at me if you brick your tablet..well if you dont like you can always flash the OFW Firmware.***

***I dont know the long term effect of overclocking the cpu...this is a warning!!!***

****Before flashing a new rom...always use Titanium Backup so it will be faster to restore your application after every flash of rom!!!**

Now Pictures first
My New Bencmark
7024-Benchmark.jpg

My Old Benchmark without any tweaks
snap20110913_172351.png

My 7024 Info-Take note of my Internal Application memory
7024-Info.jpg

Change Detail:
Cpu 998Mhz to 1149Mhz
Application Storage 486.4Meg to 1133.9Meg (Install all the application you want!!!)
Improve Database IO
Battery with Percentage
Font
Windows action
Icons
Bootanimation
Latest ver of google market

i forgot the other changes

This is not yet rooted but easily rootable... i'll leave it up to you if you want to root your tablet.

Please note if you dont want overclocking replace "u-boot.arg,u-boot.bin,u-boot.sd and setbootargs" with the official u-boot.bin of OFW 7024

https://rapidshare.com/files/3723501751/CFW-7024.rar

PW:flxrms

PS
Its nice to receive thanks :)

Props to Prox32 for some of the info i got from him.

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
where did you find that download on site?

EDIT: NVM I see the coby 7022 is still listed as coming soon lol

Yagami_ex

Sep 8, 2011
Custom Firmware for 7024 Base on Official 7024 firmware of Coby!

***Please note i customise my firmware base on what i want and how i use my tablet. I am not responsible if something bad happen to your tablet... This is also just a hobby.. please dont be mad at me if you brick your tablet..well if you dont like you can always flash the OFW Firmware.***

***I dont know the long term effect of overclocking the cpu...this is a warning!!!***

****Before flashing a new rom...always use Titanium Backup so it will be faster to restore your application after every flash of rom!!!**

Now Pictures first
My New Bencmark
7024-Benchmark.jpg

My Old Benchmark without any tweaks
snap20110913_172351.png

My 7024 Info-Take note of my Internal Application memory
7024-Info.jpg

Change Detail:
Cpu 998Mhz to 1149Mhz
Application Storage 486.4Meg to 1133.9Meg (Install all the application you want!!!)
Improve Database IO
Battery with Percentage
Font
Windows action
Icons
Bootanimation
i forgot the other changes

This is not yet rooted but easily rootable... i'll leave it up to you if you want to root your tablet.

Please note if you dont want overclocking replace "u-boot.arg,u-boot.bin,u-boot.sd and setbootargs" with the official u-boot.bin of OFW 7024

https://rapidshare.com/files/3723501751/CFW-7024.rar

PW:flxrms

PS
Its nice to receive thanks :)

Props to Prox32 for some of the info i got from him.

Hello i'm Brazillian sorry my english...
Your cfw is working everything? Hdmi, volume and soft buttons? Did it have market?and the calibrate app? Thanks for your cfw

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Hello i'm Brazillian sorry my english...
Your cfw is working everything? Hdmi, volume and soft buttons? Did it have market?and the calibrate app? Thanks for your cfw

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Well its base on the official firmware so everythings working. It also have google market.

Its working with everything plus more actually.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Yagami_ex

Sep 8, 2011
Thanks for the reply, i will go try this out, i have the 2.3 of the wicced.

EDIT: I tested this cfw, and the system is freezing on everything, the wicced one is the best, at the time for me.

Last edited:

Slk696

Sep 6, 2011
I need HELP!!! I download the official update for the 7024 from coby page. But I have a problem when I put the files inside of it. Zip to the micro sd and I try to update. But appears on the screen not find any update and upgrade from internal micro SD. Anyone know what could it be?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I need HELP!!! I download the official update for the 7024 from coby page. But I have a problem when I put the files inside of it. Zip to the micro sd and I try to update. But appears on the screen not find any update and upgrade from internal micro SD. Anyone know what could it be?

Please download the pdf instruction at the coby site on how to update your tablet.

I believe someone already answer your question at other thread.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

rain

May 5, 2011
Thank you flxrms,
i am trying it now. it installed okay. it is quicker. first thing i did was to go to 'superoneclick' to get root. that worked too. now the market is fighting me. it mostly does not work ( download ). my first and most important task to to use 'titanium backup' to restore the fourty odd little apps. i tried to install busybox and it stays forever on 'please wait' ( stuck ).
trying to think what it wants and needs next. i installed 'rom manager' and then i tried to do a 'fix permissions', and it does not do any fixing ( stuck ).
well i think this coby probably needs a slower clock. where do you keep the 'clock down' version ?
....the titanium restore worked. i was sweating it out to see if it also would develope freeze ups. none there !
.. AnTuTu bench mark just force closes, no runny, no way, no how.
. LinPack benchmark works and runs. it gets a 16.3 MFLOPS
Opera Mini force closes

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
maybe your system cannot run with the faster clock ( fifteen percent boost ) ? ? ?