MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Seems prox32 has deleted all links to his firmware and is now charging money for it
Evolution » Evolution Firmware

So I no longer feel right basing my ROM on it.

The next ROM I cook will be based on the Alldro2 2.3 firmware.

rain

May 5, 2011
Seems prox32 has deleted all links to his firmware and is now charging money for it

idea, prox32 states that the evo firmware is based on fonix232's phoenix mod which is still there.
[ROM] PhoenixMod - SlateDroid.com
i read that fonix232 got a asus tablet and thoroughly sick and tired of urbetter garbage, so he moved on.
i have some honest opinions from reading those threads over there on statedroid a month or so ago. it was interesting to read. in a nutshell, prox32 is a super tweaker, over and over. UOT kitchen to the rescue. but he is not a modder - who was fonix232. prox32 had a 3G bug driving him nuts and a brazilian jolo ? fixed the bug for him. and jolo is given credit. the static wifi address was trouble and a jean lady made a dynamic one to fix it. so ! you steev are a fonix232 level and type of a person. prox32 should be working for you.
oh, and i read yesterday that tuen still has the firmware files. or he did... i'll go check... yes they are there...
http://lyt.no-ip.org/blog/2011/04/i...pad-a8-firmwares/comment-page-5/#comment-1249

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011

yep..actually im going to take down the one i shared yesterday which is based on his genesis mod which is "phoenix+tweaks"

Alldro2 2.3 release is actually a newer build of gingerbread than evo or genesis 805...

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
so ! you steev are a fonix232 level and type of a person. prox32 should be working for you.

Well I don't know about that, but thanks :)

Hmm I'll consider using Phoenixmod as a base, or at least get some ideas from it.

Thanks for the link.

Mystic

Oct 8, 2011
@lfom:

That's what I'm thinking also

@Mystic:

The attached utscript.sh will display the nand size during installation.

On mine it says, "nand size: 128MB"
Can you try it and tell me if yours is different?

If it says, "no nand flash found" then you don't have a NAND

@steev

Sorry for the delayed reply; finally got the chance to try the above file, and guess what? It reports "nand size: 128MB" just like yours! So I guess that means that it does have a working NAND after all, and we've still got the mystery...

rain

May 5, 2011
pulled info ! from prox32

"Can i upgrade the dropad right-away ? "

"I would say as long as its already running gingerbread you can go straight to a custom firmware, but if it isn't running gingerbread then flash a stock 2.3 ROM and then move to the custom firmware. I know that the formatting process which happens when flashing erases everything, so why do you need to update to 2.3 first? Well I don't actually understand it but I have flashed from 2.2 to one of my custom ROMs to find out that none of the drivers worked. Turned out I needed to downgrade and upgrade again and it worked, no idea but hey! "

here is some additional 'new' stock gingerbread firmware. . Here is a stock firmware 0922 for Haipad M7X.

Last edited:

Scrawler

Aug 2, 2011
@Steev
Friend, I have an 8GB internal card. Could you help me modify the script of "Evolution MOD v2" for my Kyros came to have 2GB for applications?

See ya!

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
@Steev
Friend, I have an 8GB internal card. Could you help me modify the script of "Evolution MOD v2" for my Kyros came to have 2GB for applications?

See ya!

Open utscript.sh in a text editor
(this one
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...hread-add-your-custom-roms-24.html#post137114)

You must use a text editor that understands unix line endings.

Windows Notepad won't work.
This version of Notepad will
http://encodedpr.com/?p=323

Search for "SIZE_DATA=1024" and change it to 2048

I'm working on a new utscript.sh based on the PhoenixMOD upgrade system.
It will include a simple program to change the size of the data partition.

Last edited:

Scrawler

Aug 2, 2011
Open utscript.sh in a text editor
(this one
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...hread-add-your-custom-roms-24.html#post137114)

You must use a text editor that understands unix line endings.

Windows Notepad won't work.
This version of Notepad will
Notepad and unix line endings | Life on an Island

Search for "SIZE_DATA=1024" and change it to 2048

I'm working on a new utscript.sh based on the PhoenixMOD upgrade system.
It will include a simple program to change the size of the data partition.

I will change with "DEV- C++". Can it be?

The new utscript.sh based on the PhoenixMOD is better?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
pulled info ! from prox32

"Can i upgrade the dropad right-away ? "

"I would say as long as its already running gingerbread you can go straight to a custom firmware, but if it isn't running gingerbread then flash a stock 2.3 ROM and then move to the custom firmware. I know that the formatting process which happens when flashing erases everything, so why do you need to update to 2.3 first? Well I don't actually understand it but I have flashed from 2.2 to one of my custom ROMs to find out that none of the drivers worked. Turned out I needed to downgrade and upgrade again and it worked, no idea but hey! "

here is some additional 'new' stock gingerbread firmware. . Here is a stock firmware 0922 for Haipad M7X.

that is simply not true that you need to upgrade to stock 2.3 then cfw...cfw and stock firmware are both 2.3 in the first place... he just made a mistake

rain

May 5, 2011
that is simply not true that you need to upgrade to stock 2.3 then cfw...cfw and stock firmware are both 2.3 in the first place... he just made a mistake
imho, there is 'something' going on with the update process that we don't understand yet. i remember i came up bad / non-functioning and it scared the crap out of me. thankfully a power off re-boot let it come up okay. that was my first.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hmm just noticed a bug in prox32's evo ROM

In update/mbr there is a file named "4g.dat".
This is incorrect, because the file it tries to write is named "4gb.dat:
Code:
dd if=/mnt/mmc/update/mbr/4gb.dat of=/dev/mmcblk0

4gb.dat does not exist, so the partition table is unchanged on 4GB tablets.

That explains why I had a small data partition after upgrading from the stock froyo.

Last edited: