MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I'd appreciate some feedback on the Honeycomb UI.

Should I leave it as default, or do most of you prefer the normal gingerbread UI?

sparky204

Aug 16, 2011
could anyone be so kind as to more or less give me a link or create a "rom for dummys"

I have a little experience in rooting from my old htc hero. I installed cyanogen mod with 2.3 on my hero and I really liked it. I would love to be able to update to the most current android on my 7024.

Any news or chance we can get the honeycomb on the 7024 now or in the near future?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
steev, you are the script master! May I add some of codes to the utscript.sh file in my CFW's?

I do appreciate all your helping/sharing so far. Thanks!

Incaico

Jul 6, 2011
Don't delete anything, just copy the update folder from the zip into the firmware and let it merge with the original one.

Just copy and flash the tablet again? What about the files that are on the original folder? Those will be over written! Anything important there?

Edit - So I did not replace folder, flashed it, it reloade, cleaned internal SD (16gb), installed system, installed update, Honeycomb, patches and it rebooted. I turned it on, it does it again. Went through the phases, shut down, turned it on again and it reloads again! I took out ext sd card, turned it on, lights come on but nothing happens. HELP!

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
@steev, could you get the 'menu' soft button down on the bottom plz ? ... my h/w was acting goofy ( no side buttons and no off ) so i just re-formatted and re-installed. darn ! my external card will not stay locked in now... what next ?
am booting up with the tweaks now. to market i will go...

Incaico

Jul 6, 2011
Steev,

So I flashed it, it went through it's screens, (cleaning, installing Honeycomb, patches, shutting down. When I boot up with ext card in, it does a system reload again and shuts down. I turn it on again and it reloads again, over and over again. If I take the card out and turn on, lights go on and then nothing happens.. What did I do wrong?

rain

May 5, 2011
I'd appreciate some feedback on the Honeycomb UI.

Should I leave it as default, or do most of you prefer the normal gingerbread UI?
i like the new look but i like battery life better. i just do not know how the ui affects it yet. but now i am also running tweaked. i did a titanium pro restore and now i have an un-happy market... i goofed it up...
ran antutu and hmmm, the first run was dishing up numbers a little 'slower'... that was not expected.
okay then a second run... a little quicker to bring it up to yesterday's numbers.
here are the results of the 3rd run : 328 _ 601 _ 144 _ 284 _ 1183 _ 355 _ 7.9 _ 9.3 _ 3067
( and the tweaks do not make an appearance. are they supposed to ? )

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
steev, you are the script master! May I add some of codes to the utscript.sh file in my CFW's?

I do appreciate all your helping/sharing so far. Thanks!

Sure, go ahead.

I guess now would be a good time to document some of the changes I made to it:

- Logging: after install you can see any errors in /extsd/log.txt

- Install additional apks: Copy any apk file to update/apk/ and it will be installed to /data/app/

- Support for post-install script in patches: if a *_patch.tgz contains a shell script named "doinst.sh", it will be executed after install. (superuser_patch.tgz, samsung_fingerprint_patch.tgz, and probably a few others use this)

- Install custom themes: Place your own custom framework-res.apk/SystemUI.apk in the update folder and they will be installed

- 1.5GB data partition: For larger apps storage. This is customizable if you open utscript.sh in a text editor and change the value of the variable, "SIZE_DATA". The size must be given in 512-Byte sectors (2048 sectors = 1 MiB).

There are probably some other things I forgot. I'll add them when I remember.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
@Incaico

After installing, there should be a file named "log.txt" on your sdcard.
Can you post it?

ran antutu and hmmm, the first run was dishing up numbers a little 'slower'... that was not expected.
okay then a second run... a little quicker to bring it up to yesterday's numbers.

I also ran some benchmarks and didn't see much difference after applying the tweaks.
My tablet feels more responsive, but it could just all be in my head.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
- 1.5GB data partition: For larger apps storage. This is customizable if you open utscript.sh in a text editor and change the value of the variable, "SIZE_DATA". The size must be given in 512-Byte sectors (2048 sectors = 1 MiB).

I noticed you are not starting at the beginning of the disk space anymore (probably safer), and creating a rootfs partition (I think it's not needed if there is NAND but required if you do the previous), so I went back to the old scheme and added a no-go if there is no NAND. Thanks again!

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
so I went back to the old scheme and added a no-go if there is no NAND

I might end up doing the same.

I didn't want to break sd-only installations, but I'm not sure how many Kyros users (if any) actually need it.

Scrawler

Aug 2, 2011
Can anyone help me? I use the Rom "EVO MOD v2", when I enter the site to download apps from the Market, my Kyros not appear there. Anyone know why?

rain

May 5, 2011
Can anyone help me? I use the Rom "EVO MOD v2", when I enter the site to download apps from the Market, my Kyros not appear there. Anyone know why?
if you're talking about logging into the market with your pc... i read over on the other forum that this is a known BUG and they're trying to fix it.
i went back to evo mod v2 because my tab was acting up ( again ), loosing the side buttons and pwr btn ( constantly lit ) so i had no ability to select 'menu'.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
if you're talking about logging into the market with you pc... i read over on the other forum that this is a known BUG and they're trying to fix it.

I've read in another thread (IRIIC for 7015) that Google is shutting down side-downloading for unsupported hardware. It may work in the beginning, but then it stops working. Hopefully not, I don't wanna fake Kyros fingerprint in ROM...