MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

megalex

May 19, 2011
It should work.

Just copy update/launcher/honeycomb/ to the Evo firmware and edit launcher.inf to say "honeycomb"

Ok. It's work. Thank you.

I now have a Evo v2 with HC UI. But i getting FC from com.android.settings every time i restart the tab.

Edit: I delete the settings.apk from the honeycomb folder, and it's working without FC. The problem it's with the wireless settings.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I've been using HC theme from 1010_CFW_M7 for a while in my MID1024 and it seems to be fine. Maybe I am wrong, but I think steev forgot to include in his install a file called framework-res.apk that is included in the original mod. I used this file in my CFW and so far so good... JFYI.

brunnomaceno

Oct 14, 2011
so no one know how to fix it? There is any config in the files that i have to do or something like that to fix the accelerometer? Using steev test rom

megalex

May 19, 2011
I've been using HC theme from 1010_CFW_M7 for a while in my MID1024 and it seems to be fine. Maybe I am wrong, but I think steev forgot to include in his install a file called framework-res.apk that is included in the original mod. I used this file in my CFW and so far so good... JFYI.

I copy the the /customer/system/framework/framework-res.apk from the 1010_M7 into the /update/launcher/honeycomb/system/framework folder, but do not work. Now a have FC from android.process.acore and com.android.settings. It was necesary to reset the tablet. Any other idea?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I copy the the /customer/system/framework/framework-res.apk from the 1010_M7 into the /update/launcher/honeycomb/system/framework folder, but do not work. Now a have FC from android.process.acore and com.android.settings. It was necesary to reset the tablet. Any other idea?

I don't think that the fc errors you are getting are due the HC theme. Are you using the AllDro2 based theme or the test one by steev? He should release one based on AllDro2, that seems much more stable, soon I think.

megalex

May 19, 2011
I don't think that the fc errors you are getting are due the HC theme. Are you using the AllDro2 based theme or the test one by steev? He should release one based on AllDro2, that seems much more stable, soon I think.

Thank you for your help. I'm using the Evo V2 firmware (my tablet function like a charm with it) and copy the honeycomb launcher from the 703.

tufkal

Oct 18, 2011
OK here it is for testing
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/coby/703_gingerbread_2.3.17_20110924_test.zip
md5: db16ff4122fd69246097852a91cd1e61

Still unfinished but I can't work on it anymore today.

If you have a bluetooth dongle, it'd be great if you could let me know if bluetooth works.

Based on 703 gingerbread firmware.

Changes:
-using u-boot.bin and utscript from official Coby firmware
-using kernel and utmodules from Alldro2 firmware
-added Honeycomb UI from 1010 firmware
-lcd_density=160
-samsung fingerprint
-hardware-accelerated ui rendering
-custom utscript.sh based on Fonix232's upgrade system
-added latest Market (3.2)
-rooted (Superuser 3.0.5)
-accelerometer fix
-probably other stuff I forgot (check patches)

To disable Honeycomb UI:
-Edit launcher.inf in update folder
-Change "honeycomb" to "stock"

flxrms (samsung fingerprint)
jmv_10 (telling us about Alldro2 firmware)
rain (telling me about 3.2 Market leak and new haipad firmware)
lfom (accelerometer fix)
fonix232 (upgrade system)
Other members of android tablets forum for the tips and advice.

Had to register to give thanks to Steev!

I'm not concerned with 3G/GPS addons, bluetooth dongles, themes, or any of that. I just want my 7024 to be useful! And this does exactly that!

Here are the main problems the 7024 has out of the box:
-Randomly will power off when sleeping. Go to use it and it's off.
-WiFi does not turn on when waking it up.
-Market won't let me download or use Skype, Netflix, etc.
-Really touchy softbuttons, inaccurate touchscreen

These things make the thing almost useless, but every single one of them is fixed in this ROM. Where some of these are fixed in other ROMs, they don't have soft button support, or visa versa. Something was always still broken.

They are all fixed now~ This makes the 7024 useful!

I am a former FroYo dev for the HTC Desire, so I have some knowledge in Android development. Did want to pass on a few things I noticed, but are so small i can't really even be bothered to care heh~
-Going to 'Voice Input & Output' in 'Settings' asks how to open the menu option (bug present in 1010 cfw as well), should be a simple typo in the Settings.apk, more than likely in a java rc file, possibly xml.

And to think I was gonna throw it out!

marchena_0

May 9, 2011
I want to take this oportunity to thank steev and flxrms for their hard work to provide us with an alternative that helps take advantage of our tablets. Also want to thank jmv_10 and rain for their time spent researching, so the most of us wouldn't have to do it; and Arlic for his contribution in unbricking the tablet, it happened to me too.

I was really getting tired of the stock ROM :), and was feeling that I was not going to be able to do much more with my tablet. I am using steev's EVO v.2 and very happy with it. I am looking forward to testing the AllDro2 version that he has in the works.

Here are my two cents. I have read several posts in this thread about a non functioning volume buttons, I had the same problem until I had my tablet opened up to get on of the speakers fixed; the wires of one of the speakers came loose when opened the tablet in my attempts to unbrick it. It turns that the wire connecting the volume buttons was disconnected. The guy that fixed the speaker, also soldered the wire to the buttons and now my volume buttons are working again. It might be worth looking into.

Now for my question. In my attempts to unbrick my 7024, I partioned and formatted the internal sd card to 2.96 GB. I thought that when I flashed the tablet with the EVO ROM I would get full use of the internal card memory, but it shows that it has 2.46 GB. To be able to usee all 4 GB, do I have to erase the partition and use another partition? And how do I do this?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Now for my question. In my attempts to unbrick my 7024, I partioned and formatted the internal sd card to 2.96 GB. I thought that when I flashed the tablet with the EVO ROM I would get full use of the internal card memory, but it shows that it has 2.46 GB. To be able to usee all 4 GB, do I have to erase the partition and use another partition? And how do I do this?

Yes, that is actually a bug in the Evolution firmware

To fix, go into the update/mbr folder and rename the file "4g.dat" to "4gb.dat"

Or:

My Alldro2-based firmware has already been released. You can get it here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...13-cfw-mid7024-based-alldro2-gingerbread.html

P.S. flxrms also released a Gingerbread firmware based on the Genesis firmware by prox32:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...87-cfw-coby-kyros-7024-8024-a.html#post142007

Last edited: