MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Hi JenLou, I've tried using sdformatter with various different kind of formatting condition, such as Quick Format, Full Erase Format, Full Overwrite Format, etc and all with no avail. It still progress till Update file system... and stay on there forever. Is there anything else I could do to revive my Coby Kyros MID7024?? Please help

Before flashing this rom, did your device have the stock rom and the latest update from the coby website. Were you able to download the update from the coby website?

mysecrecy

Feb 25, 2012
Yes, I have download the update from Coby website. But what is stock rom? No my device was not able to start up, and hence do not have the latest update from coby.

Before flashing this rom, did your device have the stock rom and the latest update from the coby website. Were you able to download the update from the coby website?

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Yes, I have download the update from Coby website. But what is stock rom? No my device was not able to start up, and hence do not have the latest update from coby.

The stock rom is the original firmware your device first had when you got it. When I upgraded the firmware from the website, I think I just dragged or copied the files provided in the download to my formatted sdcard, while the tablet is off I inserted the sdcard and press the power button and silver button at the same until I got a message that said upgrading system then I released the buttons and let it do its thing. It will shutdown the device after the ugrade. Is this what you did?

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
then try to format your microsd using mini home partition tool and format it to fat32 as primary no partition. and then try to format ur internal sd card using power+home button then press volume up when the menu appear at the top of the screen.i dont think opening it up is the best option for now.

mysecrecy

Feb 25, 2012
Yes, exactly. That's what I did, but it never get to the stage of shutdown the device after the upgrade, because it never completes the upgrade. It hangs at the stage of Upgrading File System.... really frustrating

The stock rom is the original firmware your device first had when you got it. When I upgraded the firmware from the website, I think I just dragged or copied the files provided in the download to my formatted sdcard, while the tablet is off I inserted the sdcard and press the power button and silver button at the same until I got a message that said upgrading system then I released the buttons and let it do its thing. It will shutdown the device after the ugrade. Is this what you did?

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Yes, exactly. That's what I did, but it never get to the stage of shutdown the device after the upgrade, because it never completes the upgrade. It hangs at the stage of Upgrading File System.... really frustrating

Hmmm, weird. I don't know if you can successfully flash a new rom from here without coby's latest upgrade. Have you tried a different sdcard, some users suggest a 2 or 4 gb instead of a 16 or 32 gb formatted to fat32?

mysecrecy

Feb 25, 2012
I am using a 8GB SAN SDCARD formatted to fat32 with FULL (Overwrite). Still the same..

Hmmm, weird. I don't know if you can successfully flash a new rom from here without coby's latest upgrade. Have you tried a different sdcard, some users suggest a 2 or 4 gb instead of a 16 or 32 gb formatted to fat32?

mysecrecy

Feb 25, 2012
$20120226_161119 (2).jpg

I uploaded the image where it hangs. I've used various ways including SDformatter but still the same thing. It hangs at this stage.. Can anyone help?

I am newbies to this. Currently, my MID7024 would only power up and display "COBY" and went off, leaving only menu button lights on. I've read the forum and noted that this new update may help me to revive my 7024. But after I follow all the instruction within the official PDF, my MID7024 seems to be updating, but halted.. Following is the screen that it has stay on for hours without any progress

Update bootloader...
Done
Update kernel...
Done
Update recovery...
Done
Update logo...
Done
Update File System...

Then the 7024 just stay as such for hours. Initially I thought the update will take long time, but even after 24 hours staying on also the same. I figured there must be something wrong. Can any good samaritans help me??

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Sorry I wasn't able to help you. Don't lose hope, keep checking this forum and hopefully some of the developers will be able to help you.

tablan2k

Apr 9, 2012
already working in YM and skype...nice one. But unable to use 3G,probably there is a difference between E1750 and E1750c. I just look for any compatible 3G usb dongle. thanks for posting such great tips.

tablan2k

Apr 9, 2012
I encountered that same problem in my tablet MID7024. I just do low level format in my 2GB SDcard then copy first the the contents of the original COBY firmware found in their site, then afterward I copy the customized firmware found in this site and then goes fine. It is now a Android 2.3.3 from android 2.2. Able to make Video call both in skype and YM. These two all I want in my tablet in social networking. But one problem still not yet solve, the 3G. I have a bandluxe C330 but it's not working and I Borrowed my friend E1750c and still not working. Need to find another USB dongle that comptible in my tablet.

hellcube

Jan 13, 2014
Im trying to find a fast! and working new firmware for 7024. Any chance for Android 4.1? or just a fast rom? any one?