MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Android 2.2 for Kyros 7024 base on the 20110516.191834 Build from Kyros 1024 firmware.

The stock android 2.2 of Official Firmware for Kyros 7024 is April 12,2011. So I guess 1024 firmware is newer and bluetooth is now working.

Thanks man, downloading. . .

Installed, working well so far, does this rom has the same tweaks as v1?

Last edited:

permansu

Jun 13, 2011
Thank you for your new rom, flxrm. My 7024 really shines with this cfw, and is able to run some apks it couldn't do before. The only negative point is that, after installation, I realized that this coby fw don't have options for voice input & output, and therefore, I can not use tts; wich is very important to me. I think I'll have to return to some gingerbread rom, even with it's flaws.

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
Has anyone figured out how to disable the buttons on the bottom yet? I edited the s3c-button.kl file and there seems to be no change.

Edit: I can modify the action of the silver button, the volume buttons, and the power buttons. Just not the lighted touch buttons.

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Has anyone figured out how to disable the buttons on the bottom yet? I edited the s3c-button.kl file and there seems to be no change.

Edit: I can modify the action of the silver button, the volume buttons, and the power buttons. Just not the lighted touch buttons.

You can change the B behavior if you want. Go to settings->application->quick launch. Select B and all application will be shown just select the app you like.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Thank you for your new rom, flxrm. My 7024 really shines with this cfw, and is able to run some apks it couldn't do before. The only negative point is that, after installation, I realized that this coby fw don't have options for voice input & output, and therefore, I can not use tts; wich is very important to me. I think I'll have to return to some gingerbread rom, even with it's flaws.

Can you tell me what app you use for tts? I really dont use tts so i was not able to test that one.

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
You can change the B behavior if you want. Go to settings->application->quick launch. Select B and all application will be shown just select the app you like.

Thanks for the insight. But I was already aware of that. I guess my question is, is there a file I am not finding that can be edited to turn off the search button or the others?

The only custom rom I have used is your modified stock 7024 with my own tweaks. So I am wondering do the buttons work the same in GB custom roms?

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks for the insight. But I was already aware of that. I guess my question is, is there a file I am not finding that can be edited to turn off the search button or the others?

The only custom rom I have used is your modified stock 7024 with my own tweaks. So I am wondering do the buttons work the same in GB custom roms?

i think they also behave the same... im just not sure if there's a way to turn off some quick app buttons...

btw
care to share your tweaks? im now just starting software dev with android although im not new when it comes to firmware dev... i'll try to make my first utility to turn off the softkeys of this device.

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
i think they also behave the same... im just not sure if there's a way to turn off some quick app buttons...

btw
care to share your tweaks? im now just starting software dev with android although im not new when it comes to firmware dev... i'll try to make my first utility to turn off the softkeys of this device.

LOL no, my tweaks are nothing compared to yours. You are the man compared to me. All I did was modify the looks some with the uotkitchen (thank you for that by the way) and then figured out how to change the clock to white against a dark taskbar (which took forever since there is so much outdated info out there.) I am just a random tech enthusiast who loves to learn new tricks.

I am looking into the qwerty.kl, AVRCP.kl, and s3c-keypad files now. Not sure if it will lead to anything though.

Edit: Well the search button is now disabled. I commented out Key 127 and Key 217 in qwerty.kl (the two labeled Search) and it worked!

(Obviously I pulled the file first edited it and pushed it back via ADB)

Last edited:

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
I just did the same for the B key in qwerty.kl . I left the menu and back buttons alone. Now I am super happy. It was so annoying hitting them all the time when using my tablet.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
there's a app called KeynrTracker and Button Remapper..actually i saw it at slateroid site..i think it can also work..but i havent test it yet.

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
I tried button remapper but it seemed to only see the s3c-button.kl file. But either way I got it how I wanted it. My 4 hours of searching and reading info on this lead me to very few answers. But that is only because all .kl files are not located in the same place inside of the rom on my computer. Once I realized that, it was a breeze.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I tried button remapper but it seemed to only see the s3c-button.kl file. But either way I got it how I wanted it. My 4 hours of searching and reading info on this lead me to very few answers. But that is only because all .kl files are not located in the same place inside of the rom on my computer. Once I realized that, it was a breeze.

i guess someone more experienced with android dev can make a small utility to turn on/off that softkey.. even my 2yrs old baby hate it... :)

permansu

Jun 13, 2011
Can you tell me what app you use for tts? I really dont use tts so i was not able to test that one.

I mainly use ssvox classic, and mantano reader. I am just learning english, and I like to read and hear at same time english books. In all other roms there is an option in the system settings named "Voice input & output", where you define wich will be your tss engine. The coby fw is lack of it. Thank you again for your great job.