MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

Yagami_ex

Sep 8, 2011
I am using the flxrms cfw v2, but when i playing Ninjump(a very simple game) the tablet freezes, on the other one that is gingerbread based(i forgot the user that maked this one) the tablet don't freezes, it can be because the overcloking?

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
Maybe and maybe not. Sorry for the wishy washy answer. Yes ! It could be the clock is 'too fast' for the hardware. And/or the tablet's saved memory is not happy in some places and can be corrected/helped by:
A) re-installing,
B) wiping and un-install the application and re-installing it only. ( and then power all the way off and on - re-boot ), or
C) the little app does not like froyo ( version 2.2 ) but only gingerbread, or
D) there is a firmware 'tweak' the little game is not happy with and so you can only verify this conflict by installing the 'stock' coby firmware, or
E) there is something not yet understood, and it is making the little game un-happy...

(hope this helps)

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I am using the flxrms cfw v2, but when i playing Ninjump(a very simple game) the tablet freezes, on the other one that is gingerbread based(i forgot the user that maked this one) the tablet don't freezes, it can be because the overcloking?

I dont know the answer. I think you should install wicced gingerbread mod again. Its still better than froyo.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Updated

Here's what I'm currently using on my 7024:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/coby/mid7024_rooted-v2.tgz
md5sum: a189b00d2b35f22a581736481e4ca624

It doesn't really bring anything new, but I had uploaded it to my dropbox account for backup purposes anyway so I thought I might as well share it.

It's based on the MID7024 Official Firmware.

What's different?:
-Pre-rooted
-Android Market preinstalled (older version)
-Removed most of the Stock Coby apps
-Custom boot animation (Drizzle from UOT)
-Battery icon with percentage
-LCD density = 180
-1GB MBR mod (thanks to flxrms)

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Use SuperOneClick 2.1.1 to root (I spend almost 3 full days talking with people for forums and IRC, attempted almost 10 different ways to root this thing by default and couldn't do it :( )

If you're running Linux it's pretty easy.

Here's how I did it:

1. Copy su-v3 from SuperOneClick into system/xbin/su

2. Make sure it is owned by root and is executable and has the setuid bit:
Code:
chown root:root system/xbin/su
chmod 6755 system/xbin/su

3. Symlink su to system/bin/su:
Code:
ln -sf ../xbin/su system/bin/su

4. And copy SuperUser.apk to system/app

I'm not sure how to do it from Windows, but it might be difficult to get the permissions right for su.

Last edited:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Lazytrapblog details on getting super1click to work
Rooting the Coby Kyros 8024

Sunday, August 07th, 2011 | Author: aaron m.
A coworker recently picked one of these up. Currently there are no official releases of Cyanogenmod or anything else for the Kyros, so the next best thing is just to root it since its basically running a vanilla Android 2.2 already. I was going to simplify and post the detailed steps it took to root the Coby Kyros 8024 using ADB from the Android SDK because looking around the net all signs pointed to negative in using Superoneclick or any other program to root it automatically. In fact, the only information I could find for the 8024 all suggested to use the manual method for rooting it, with the same steps described for the popular first gen Kyros 7015.
Turns out the latest version of Superoneclick released 2nd August 2011 works just fine (because it now uses an updated 2.2 exploit for rooting that should work on ALL Gingerbread Android devices). I already had Googles’ USB driver and ADB in place from screwing around with my Nook and from programming APK’s in Processing, but Superoneclick comes with ADB so I do not think you need to install the full Android SDK or JAVA ADK. However, you will need Googles USB driver which is a part of the SDK installer. There are easy to follow instructions for installing the USB Driver and Android SDK on the Cyanogenmod website.
Howto: Install the Android SDK - CyanogenMod Wiki .
Once you have the USB Driver working and your Tablet connected (as verified in those instructions), all you need to do is download the latest version of Superoneclick (as of this writing, its version 2.1.1) and run it. From that point on its pretty self-explanitory… all you have to do is click a few buttons. Many thanks to it’s developer for making this process absurdly simple.
You can find Superoneclick and further information here:
[APP]SuperOneClick v2.1.1 (Finally fixed!) - xda-developers

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@steeve
Thanks for the additonal info.

My latest cfw is now rooted and using modified fonix utscript so it can now automatically choose the correct mbr (4,8,16gb). If you have your own cooked framework you can also just put it to patch folder so its easier to customize.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Scrawler

Aug 2, 2011
@flxrms

I just arrived and I can not come here. So answer me this:

What is your rom to mid7024 is better? Do not have any bugs? The bluetooth works? How do I install? I need to edit a file?See ya!

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
Hello,

When you people say "bluetooth", it means a bluetooth dongle, right? Or there is a internal bluetooth module in 70, 80 and 1024 devices?

Thank you in advance!

Congratulations for your grate work!!

Scrawler

Aug 2, 2011
Hello,

When you people say "bluetooth", it means a bluetooth dongle, right? Or there is a internal bluetooth module in 70, 80 and 1024 devices?

Thank you in advance!

Congratulations for your grate work!!

It means a bluetooth dongle.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
@Coddias1:
Yes, that's correct, you need a dongle.

edit: Scrawler beat me to it

Scrawler

Aug 2, 2011
@steev

The rom "flxrms" is good? There the bluetooth work? 3G too? Camera?

Is there any bug or is it perfect?