MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
it did it again, and winzip is my default. but then i just tried 7zip and it likes it and works... my winzip is version 15.5 and i've been been keeping it up for ten years. today it is not in sync.

the 8G inside is a rar acchive but with no .rar extension ? i peeked inside of it with textpad.
Not true once you unzip the file you should have a folder 8G and inside of 8g there should be 3 folders/3g/2.5g/1.8g and the utscript.sh file

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
@flxrms
I have a MID8024 and I want do some mods just for 3G and Bluetooth work.
Could you give some tips about what I have to change in 8024's OFW to get what I want?
BTW, What is fingerprint?

Thanks.
Ops: I guess we all have to thank to Coby too, right? They released the OFW that allows all this mods. Am I wrong? If I am, sorry:confused:

Positivo is dead now!!!!;)
Android Market Fingerprints Demystified ~ What the.....?
There is a thread that tells which files to enable bluetooth and Gps but you need to edit init.smdkv210.rc and change false to true ....

rain

May 5, 2011
okay, i'm in "do over" / "try once again" mode...
re-loaded fw and i get ( in settings/sd card )
SD card
total space 7.60GB and available 7.51GB
nand
total space 1.17GB and available 1.17GB
internal
2.01GB
tried again the 'root.bat' and got the same error........

patch.patch_enable_root.tgz - steeve's root fix - i am not a linux user...

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@flxrms
I have a MID8024 and I want do some mods just for 3G and Bluetooth work.
Could you give some tips about what I have to change in 8024's OFW to get what I want?
BTW, What is fingerprint?

Thanks.
Ops: I guess we all have to thank to Coby too, right? They released the OFW that allows all this mods. Am I wrong? If I am, sorry:confused:

Positivo is dead now!!!!;)

well i just used the 1024 rom to work for 7024.. you can also use it provided you change the UTMODULES of 1024 to 8024 and delete the uboot.bin of 1024 and replace with 8024 uboot.bin.

you must not use the ubootbin of 1024 to your 8024.. this is important!!!

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Flxrms when using the fonix utscript....I understand replace utscript.sh and then delete sd_mbr.dat....but do I also need to rename data_8g.mbr(i.e 3gb) I choose back to sd_mbr.dat

you can just use the included utscript.sh to replace the default utscript.sh...right now its just the stock utscript.sh.. my rom that is using fonix utscript is not yet shared..

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
okay, i'm in "do over" / "try once again" mode...
re-loaded fw and i get ( in settings/sd card )
SD card
total space 7.60GB and available 7.51GB
nand
total space 1.17GB and available 1.17GB
internal
2.01GB
tried again the 'root.bat' and got the same error........

patch.patch_enable_root.tgz - steeve's root fix - i am not a linux user...

did the 8gb mbr work for you?

can you try running root explorer or titanium backup? if superuser runs then its rooted..if not..i dont know why its giving you error...

rain

May 5, 2011
i did plug in the 8gb ( and re-named it ) and up above - they are the results. and i tried a couple root things and was told that i am not.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
i did plug in the 8gb ( and re-named it ) and up above - they are the results. and i tried a couple root things and was told that i am not.

ok..i really dont know why its giving you error...i just used it now and theres no problem..do you have another adb.exe in your pc?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I just tried my update.update_enable_root.tgz with flxrms's CFW, and it works fine for me.
I tested root explorer and titanium backup.

You don't have to be a Linux user to use it, just copy update.update_enable_root.tgz (do not extract) to the root of your sd card along with the firmware update and flash it.

salty72

Sep 26, 2011
Hi,

I was wondering if video conferencing works with any of the custom firmwares on this tablet?
Specifically, does any of the following work: Google Talk , Skype, Tango?
I wanted to set a couple of these tablets as video conference terminals for less-technology-inclined parents and grandparents.

Thanks in advance,
Sal

drpelpi

May 30, 2011
Hello everybody and thanks for the effort of improving our tablets. I recently installed flxrms's CFW v2, it is just amazingly fast and everything works smooth, the only problem is that i lost the functionanility of the volume buttons. Is it a known bug or is just me?. I have red the entire topic and not found any reference. Thanks in advance, if i just can solve this the tablet would be 100% perfect if not i dont mind.

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Hello everybody and thanks for the effort of improving our tablets. I recently installed flxrms's CFW v2, it is just amazingly fast and everything works smooth, the only problem is that i lost the functionanility of the volume buttons. Is it a known bug or is just me?. I have red the entire topic and not found any reference. Thanks in advance, if i just can solve this the tablet would be 100% perfect if not i dont mind.

Volume button should still work. Im still using the same module driver of the stock firmware of 7024. Can you try using the official firmware of kyros 7024 and check if volume button still works?

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Scrawler

Aug 2, 2011
Friend, the following happened now. I do not know why, but he did not want to upgrade with no Rom. He started to update then, late in the first place he stopped. So I hung up and did it again. I did it with C8lean and it updated.

Then I was trying to put your V2 ROM on it and then he did not want to upgrade again. And then I went again, only I held the buttons to update more and then when he started, he hung up. Now when I turn it on, only the LEDs light up and he does not care.

Can you help me? I think the nand has been deleted, do not know.

Any ideas?

Scrawler

Aug 2, 2011
@Flxrms
Friend, the following happened now. I do not know why, but he did not want to upgrade with no Rom. He started to update then, late in the first place he stopped. So I hung up and did it again. I did it with C8lean and it updated.

Then I was trying to put your V2 ROM on it and then he did not want to upgrade again. And then I went again, only I held the buttons to update more and then when he started, he hung up. Now when I turn it on, only the LEDs light up and he does not care.

Can you help me? I think the nand has been deleted, do not know.

Any ideas?

rain

May 5, 2011
I just tried my update.update_enable_root.tgz with flxrms's CFW, and it works fine for me.
I tested root explorer and titanium backup.

You don't have to be a Linux user to use it, just copy update.update_enable_root.tgz (do not extract) to the root of your sd card along with the firmware update and flash it.
thank you. it seems like my system is acting like "jeckyl and hyde". i re-flashed the V2 for the third time but this time included the extra copressed tar, 'patch.patch_enable_root.tgz.' all went smoothly just like before. . after boot up and setup, i went first to 'es file explorer' and and in its setting menu = access to root. this is the weird part . . it said i had root for a fraction of a second and then consistantly said that i did NOT have root -and- could not have root. next i went to install 'busybox' and on the install step it just hung and stayed hung forever. . reboot ! and, in superuser it now lists those two. so it acts like i do and i do not...

Last edited: