MID710A how to find MAC address?

valkrider

Nov 5, 2010
I have just bought a MID 710A tablet with a Samsung S5PC100 processor.

Full details
Model MID 710A
Firmware 2.1
Kernal 2.6.29 MID710A #840
Build MID710A 1.0.20101104

I need to know the MAC address to get onto my wireless network so that I can enter it into the router. However, When I select MAC address details under the information settings it says no mac address found.

Any suggestions?

Other than that it seems a pretty speedy tablet.

-------------------------------

Doh what a dummy I forgot to turn the wireless on first :eek: I have now added the mac address to my router but I still can't connect. How do you set up ip address and dns settings on one of these?

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This sounds like a new device. Normally it should automatically connect to a wireless network after entering your settings from the wifi settings screen that would look like this:
w0hk8.jpg
(google imaged this one)

I would like to know more about what you got actually.

Anyways normally when you choose the network, a prompt comes up asking you to enter the network password (if your wifi network requires it)

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
check your firewall and check the security configuration maybe "wep" or "wpa2" on your router

valkrider

Nov 5, 2010
Thanks guys for the suggestions. My router is secured by allowing only certain MAC addresses to connect rather than WEP or WPA. I ended up turning MAC address locking off and now can connect fine. Not ideal and not what I want but it will have to do for now.

As to what I got I bought one of these from eBay in the UK 7" ePad Android 2.1 SAMSUNG 1Ghz CPU HDMI 3D Game UK 1y on eBay (end time 19-Dec-10 17:27:37 GMT)

According to the Android info programme

CPU ABI: armeabi-v7a
Manufacturere: urbetter
Device: utc100
ID: ERD79
Model: MID710A
Product: utc100

It has a camera and sensor. HDMI out. 9v 2A power supply. Silver plastic back to the case with a manufactureres Sticker saying Digitronic and a bar code MID710A2079. It with Came with Market and Skype pre-installed and an odd programme called Youku which seems to be a Chinese YouTube.

I have tried Angry Birds on it but it just hung. Still experimenting with it at the moment.

steveb625

Dec 18, 2010
valkrider,
Now that you have your tab connected to your wifi you could log on to the router setup page and view the attached devices window to get the MAC address. Then you could turn MAC filtering back on.

Just in China a couple of weeks ago and there was something on the news about Youku. I think they announced their IPO.

vrindamishra

Dec 25, 2010
Hi all
I'm using samsung galaxy si9000
I want to know whether updating my android version from 2.1 to 2.3 directly is safe or not? If anyone has already updated their version and is facing problems please let me know

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Android Tablet Forum App

sony_gnw

Mar 29, 2011
I have just bought a MID 710A tablet with a Samsung S5PC100 processor.

Full details
Model MID 710A
Firmware 2.1
Kernal 2.6.29 MID710A #840
Build MID710A 1.0.20101104

I need to know the MAC address to get onto my wireless network so that I can enter it into the router. However, When I select MAC address details under the information settings it says no mac address found.

Any suggestions?

Other than that it seems a pretty speedy tablet.

-------------------------------

Doh what a dummy I forgot to turn the wireless on first :eek: I have now added the mac address to my router but I still can't connect. How do you set up ip address and dns settings on one of these?

To look up MAC address:
Setting> Wireless & Network> Wifi Setting. Press menu, press advanced, you will see MAC address there.

Sent from my MID_Serails using Android Tablet Forum