MID7125 (and other new Coby devices) now available on Amazon

bst82551

Jun 4, 2011
Selling for $149, it's a pretty decent deal. It's almost the exact same tablet as the 7024 in every way except for it has 2.3 on it and it uses a 5V power adapter (which opens up the possibility of charging via USB, which the 7024 cannot do due to it's 9V power supply).

Amazon.com: Coby Kyros 7-Inch*Android 2.3 4 GB Internet Touchscreen Tablet - MID7125-4G (Black): Computers & Accessories

edit: It looks like the 7125 might also have a battery life that is about 50% longer than the 7024 (judgement based purely on mAh of batteries as seen on Coby website).

edit #2: The image suggests they also got rid of the "Search" and "Browser" soft buttons. Good riddance if you ask me.

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
It's using telechip cortex a8 cpu.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Yes looks like 7022 and these new tablets all use telechips cortex A8. Hopefully that means we will see some more development as so far there is not much for the 7022 :/

DJeremyC

Nov 4, 2011
So as far as the resistive screen on these, are they fairly comparable to the capacitive ones. As in do they allow for the same type functionality - play Angry Birds, typing, zooming, etc?

Needing to find a nice but cheap Android tab for my kid for christmas. Any suggestions on one around the $100 range. I thought about a Velocity Cruz T103/104/105 but heard it is a pain to upgrade, and you still cant get some apps to work - one in particular is Angry Birds - his favorite game so definitely cant buy one taht wont at least play that app.

Suggestions? Been also looking at the Coby Kyros line. Seems to stay in my budget though I would have to resort to a resistive screen same the MID7125 model...though the MID7022 is tempting but little higher priced then I want to pay. I could get the new Velocity Cruz T408 for that price and get Amazon AppStore preinstalled for $199.

So any help would be awesome...again trying to stay as close to the $100-$125 mark as possible, though it is proving harder to do then I thought without buying the foreign knock-offs.

DJeremyC

Nov 4, 2011
Would you recommend the MID7022 or the MID7125 if they were the same price? Looking to get at least the Amazon appstore working on it...gotta have Angry Birds! AHH!!! :cool: