MID7127 messed up /system/app after trying to fix missing Account Settings

budcurts

Jan 1, 2012
After making some changes to the /system/app folder to fix the missing Account Settings menu option, I have succeeeded in messing up the unit. It is still functional, but I frequently get the com.google.process.gapps failure error message during startup and the first few minutes of operation. I wasn't very smart with my Titantium backup and when I performed the factory reset, it blew it away off the SDCARD:mad:. Another lesson learned. I should have moved it to my laptop where it would be safe. I need to restore the /system/app folder from a working tablet. Can anyone zip up a working 7127's /system/app content and send it to me or put it in a drop box. I am sure I made no other changes except in that folder. My plan is to push the contents of a working /system/app into my 7127's /system/app. If someone knows that is a bad approach, I would like to hear that too:confused:.

budcurts

Jan 1, 2012
That certainly puts me on a better footing there where I am. I will let you know how it turns out. Thank you.

By the way does your 7127 have a Settings->Account Sync menu item?

Also, your english is fine.

budcurts

Jan 1, 2012
I used Titanium to copy the /sytem/app contents of the supplied ZIP into my 7127's /system/app. The Android tablet rebooted during or just after the copy without my intervention. Then it was stuck in the boot up Android screen. It can't be powered down at that stage, and all I could do was hardware reboot it. After several reboots with the same result, I let it run the battery down. I then had one last hope to recharge the battery and start a fresh boot. It was the same, stuck in the Android screen. The tablet is completely broken.

pepo_salazar

Dec 5, 2011
Hi, if I understood you press reset button. Are you try hard reset? (factory reset). Somewhere I read about this

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Never install an app to /system/app or modify system files unless you know exactly what you're doing. That being said, you need Recovery Mode to reset the system files to factory state. It's known that Recovery Mode is broken on 8125 and 1125 using the hardware buttons, but it still can be done using adb and fastboot AFAIK. Look for tutorial about how to do it on 7125/8125/1125 as it should work on 7127 as well.