MID7127 Videos, What would you like to see?

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
Ways to setup market,root,and installing cwm would be great. Lots of people have a had issues with setup. Thanks for taking the time to help!:)

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
Amazon says it'll be here tomorrow and those are the very things i plan on doing. Expect market and root videos sometime Saturday.

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
Great video, I was just wondering have you had any problems with the device shutting off and not turning back on? I've been using this tablet for about two days and have had it shut off on me four times and not work for about a few hours. Pressing the reset button doesn't do anything, It does how ever tell me that my device is still on, because when I plug it into my compute via USB, Windows tries to connect to it and makes the Windows connection sound but it's unsuccessful and when I press the reset button, and every time I do, the Windows connection sound goes off. Sound I know it's not a battery issue here, at least I don't think it is. I have no clue what's wrong with it, and Coby Tech Support is no help, I haven't had a response from them yet.

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
I just got my 7127 yesterday and started playing with it today. I haven't had any issues with mine though.

Is yours Stock? Rooted? have you done any other "hacks"?

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
I just got my 7127 yesterday and started playing with it today. I haven't had any issues with mine though.

Is yours Stock? Rooted? have you done any other "hacks"?

It was completely stock. I just now rooted it following your tut. Thanks btw.
So what other videos will you be making? Market? And also maybe a way to get ClockworkMod Recovery onto the device and anything else would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
yes, i'll have my market video up today. it was alittle trickier then expected... but i've got it. Working on recovery also.

I'm realizing that there's little to no information on hacking this tablet. it's taking me longer then expected on these videos because i'm making sure that everything goes flawless before trying to have someone else do it.

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
another thing i'm noticing is "cell signal" is killing my battery. since there isn't any radios on this device, i'm trying to figure out one to disable/delete what ever is spending all the tablets on time searching for a signal.

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
For the cell signal problem there is a very easy fix. Root your tablet with superoneclick or other,then go to /system/app and delete telephonyprovider.apk. and phone.apk. Just search cell standby Coby kyros 7022 and you will find your answer.

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
yeah, that's kinda what i was thinking.

i've got the market working now, but i'm noticing even after switching my screen density to 160 there's still apps i can't DL. like i CAN download Rom Toolbox Pro if i go through My Apps. But i can't download Rom Toolbox (non pro and pro) if i search for them on the market.

i emaild jrummy to see what he says.

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
yes, i'll have my market video up today. it was alittle trickier then expected... but i've got it. Working on recovery also.

I'm realizing that there's little to no information on hacking this tablet. it's taking me longer then expected on these videos because i'm making sure that everything goes flawless before trying to have someone else do it.

Looking forward to you're video, and yes I've searched all over the web and there is very little about these Kyros tablets.

another thing i'm noticing is "cell signal" is killing my battery. since there isn't any radios on this device, i'm trying to figure out one to disable/delete what ever is spending all the tablets on time searching for a signal.

My battery as well, it's drain rather quickly.

Edit: I got the market following the method I mention in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-kyros-mid7127-android-market.html#post161661

I'm downloading every thing fine I just can't figure a way to update the market.

Edit: I do see what you mean now, there are apps that I can't find on the market. But I can't change my dpi with LCD Resolution because I don't have BusyBox, Installing BusyBox right now.

EDIT:

I deleted the the apps that had to do with the cell signal killing the battery.

And I didn't need to install LCD Resolution because I went straight into the build.prop file in the system folder and edited the dpi manually.

Everything is working fine now.

yeah, that's kinda what i was thinking.

i've got the market working now, but i'm noticing even after switching my screen density to 160 there's still apps i can't DL. like i CAN download Rom Toolbox Pro if i go through My Apps. But i can't download Rom Toolbox (non pro and pro) if i search for them on the market.

i emaild jrummy to see what he says.

I think I may have found the problem you're running into. Have you tried killing the market and clearing the cache and all the data? I did the reopened the market and I now see all apps.

If that doesn't work let me know and I have something else you can try.

Last edited:

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
i have market working pretty good now, i'm finally going to make a video tomorrow. As far as changing the dpi in the build.prop, did you loose the function of anything? i know when i was in 160 using the lcd density app, the camera wouldn't work and some apps seamed almost laggy. what i did was download what i needed at 160, then switch back to 200 when i was done.

also, my review video is on the first page.

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
I didn't loose anything, the Camera is functioning fine and I haven't experienced any lag. I think I'm going to leave it at 160 because the tablets seems to just be running better overall like this. I actually like the resolutions at this 160 setting, everything just feels more roomy but the only problem I have is the app jar has become pixelated, and it's really bothering me, so I might change the dpi back.

EDIT:

I've noticed another thing the screen is coming on out of standby by it's self, don't know what's causing it.

Last edited: