MID8024 Official and Custom Roms thread. add your custom roms

jmv_10

Jun 13, 2011
Friend I leave the gingerbread version for 8024 Kyros me based on the Romanian tablet "Tablet AllDro2" which is exactly equal to the Kyros 8024. -Official Firmware
This will only change CFW languages ​​are by default (Romanian to English) andBuild.prop, the wallpapers and logo.bmp.
Works 100% points.
  • I could not root.
  • I could not install and work properly google market
I hope that with the collaboration of all we can have a powerful version
gingerbread for our Kyros

https://rapidshare.com/files/4287186128/CFW-Kyros_8024_2.3.rar

PS
Its nice to receive thanks

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Friend I leave the gingerbread version for 8024 Kyros me based on the Romanian tablet "Tablet AllDro2" which is exactly equal to the Kyros 8024. -Official Firmware

Nice! Did you test everything? What works and what doesn't? Thanks!

Arlic

May 13, 2011
Jmv_10 your ginger ROM for the 8024 works great!! I get the internet, soft buttons, rotaion, camara, sound, volume(hard and soft) and all the junk working. I can't get "AppsLib" to work. Keeps saying "not compatatible". Have Amazon app on so can load up some apps. MapQuest works great location services and all. Can't get market working either. Didn't try root, wanted to play with Amazon, maybe later. Was just wondering....about the LCD Density? Where is it?? The build.prop has it # out, why??
The file "ES File Explorer" tried to root, but couldn't. Everything seems to work. Cool...... Just the market to go and LCD and we (I) am set. Neat. Thanks again.

Bye...
Arlic

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Jmv_10 your ginger ROM for the 8024 works great!! I get the internet, soft buttons, rotaion, camara, sound, volume(hard and soft) and all the junk working. I can't get "AppsLib" to work. Keeps saying "not compatatible". Have Amazon app on so can load up some apps. MapQuest works great location services and all. Can't get market working either. Didn't try root, wanted to play with Amazon, maybe later. Was just wondering....about the LCD Density? Where is it?? The build.prop has it # out, why??
The file "ES File Explorer" tried to root, but couldn't. Everything seems to work. Cool...... Just the market to go and LCD and we (I) am set. Neat. Thanks again.

Bye...
Arlic

Steeve now have a root solution for that Gingerbread rom :)

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011

Bye...
Arlic

Hey Arlic, all you have to do for the LCD density is remove the # in the build.prop and change the density to what you want. the # just means its a comment, so the kernel/bootloader don't take that as an actual command. remove the # and it will change it.

Wow, I think i'll try and go through the trouble of flashing this, Everything else I've tried just bricks my tablet, but I rrreeeaaally want Gingerbread on this thing

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Sweet! Not only does it work on my tablet, I went ahead and made some quick mods to get people started. credit to jmv_10 for discovering this rom and the base ground work

Here is what I changed :

- Working Android Market built-in
-Semi rooted (Default.prop changed to so ro.secure is 0 and debug is 1 )
- LCD density is 165 ( My prefered density but can be changed in the build.prop before flash)
- Fingerprint for Market has been changed to Motorola Xoom for more app availability.
- Added com.google.android.maps.jar to /system/framework ( fixes some apps not installing)
- Added com.google.android.maps.xml to /system/etc/permissions (fixes some apps not installing

http://db.tt/La9WJanD

Does look like it can still be rooted with Superoneclick V2.1.1 Not for certain on this, it looks like it completed but not tested any root programs as of yet

P.S Scratch that, Superoneclick V2.1.1 does not root this rom, but it was mentioned that Steev has a solution for this. If so I might be able to incorporate this into the rom if I can get the work around

P.S.S Got the okay from Steeve to use his root work around for this rom, will incorporate it later when I have some time

Last edited:

skicavs

Jan 17, 2011
Thanks, really a great update and it works brilliantly on my tablet. Really much faster. Buttons and Camera work fine.
Haven't tried rooting

A few notes
1) Format the card using SDFormatter before running the update, and have just the update on the card (I tried to be lazy and skip this step and the update starts but fails and says something is defective with zImage.debug)
2) Some 16gb cards do not work and are not recognized by the firmware (Mine wasn't but my 8gb worked fine)

Arlic

May 13, 2011
Ok, put on the rom from "nefirim" called "Nefarious-Bread-V1.0" on a 8024 and works great. The root with Es File Explorer or Root Explorer is no go. I put the file "enable_root_patch" by "steev" into the "patches" folder before flashing. So then I had to do his adb thing with the file "root" and it worked. Market works, and loads apps that didn't before, even without the "LCD 160" change. Must be the Motorola Xoom fingerprint. Works great ..so far.

Ok, I put the 8G micro SD inside now and I get 6.60GB Total Nand space and 421MB Internal space. How do I increase internal space? Whats the diff bewteen Nand space and internal space anyway??

Just wondering.

Bye...
Arlic

SampNeves

Sep 30, 2011
Would this ROM work with a capacitive display? (Coby Kyros MID8027)

Is it possible to change anything that enables it?

Thanks in advance.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Ok, put on the rom from "nefirim" called "Nefarious-Bread-V1.0" on a 8024 and works great. The root with Es File Explorer or Root Explorer is no go. I put the file "enable_root_patch" by "steev" into the "patches" folder before flashing. So then I had to do his adb thing with the file "root" and it worked. Market works, and loads apps that didn't before, even without the "LCD 160" change. Must be the Motorola Xoom fingerprint. Works great ..so far.

Ok, I put the 8G micro SD inside now and I get 6.60GB Total Nand space and 421MB Internal space. How do I increase internal space? Whats the diff bewteen Nand space and internal space anyway??

Just wondering.

Bye...
Arlic

Nand space is just a label its actually the sdcard
Internal space is where the apps are installed

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

skicavs

Jan 17, 2011
Just tested the video chat with Fring and Skype (2.5 version from market) on the nefirim rom and it worked perfectly (both sending and receiving).

darupe

Jul 25, 2011
Hello,
I can install the rom "Nefarious-Bread-V1.0" on my coby kyros 8024?
Is there any better alternative(rom)?
It runs everything from the tablet?
As would be the procedure to install.
thanks and sorry for English.