***MID8048-4 personal developements

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
​So it has been a few days since I rooted this tab offered a dump and found the source release for the tcc892x chipset. And although the dump was never re-authenitcated I felt as if it was time to personally dive in.
I have since synced the cm9 repo and started an unofficial build for mid8048, if I manage to create a otapackage that will be plenty broken, I will start a github repository for my local device tree that will be available for those that would like to help. I currently skipped compiling cwm as I felt it was unnecessary since we do have a dump and it will be built into the update.zip.
Anyway this is just my way of creating an unofficial thread for what Ill be doing with this device.:p

*UPDATE*
For my build of recovery see post #9

Attachments

• $mid8048.png
    $mid8048.png
    265.8 KB · Views: 3,724
Last edited:

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
haha I was going to say no bueno... but then again people are ignorant sometimes, and if they **** their **** up they want you to take responsibility... Needless to say that if you are alternating your device in anyway you should atleast research it first, especially terms which seem foreign. So this means anything I should RELEASE is USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! MILEAGE MAY VARY!!!!
I wont be responsible for bootloops, bricks, devices that catch fire or the world imploding....:cool:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
haha I was going to say no bueno... but then again people are ignorant sometimes, and if they **** their **** up they want you to take responsibility... Needless to say that if you are alternating your device in anyway you should atleast research it first, especially terms which seem foreign. So this means anything I should RELEASE is USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! MILEAGE MAY VARY!!!!
I wont be responsible for bootloops, bricks, devices that catch fire or the world imploding....:cool:

No es bueno, lol have a good one.

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
Well after many hair pulling hours divided between make errors and kernel debugging i finally produced a kernel img for the deprecated prebuilt :p. I also after having repo issues rm -rf my cm9 build and went with AOSP. Either way i have to go AFK or my wife will kill me. later

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
Well I decided to go at it again but from scratch so i started over and produced a flashable cwm 6 version to my phone.....YAAAAAAAAY
dont get to excited... the vol+ and vol- buttons work but not power :(. Thank odn for a reset button I was freaking I couldnt turn it off since there is no battery! Gonna give a go at TWRP.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Well I decided to go at it again but from scratch so i started over and produced a flashable cwm 6 version to my phone.....YAAAAAAAAY
dont get to excited... the vol+ and vol- buttons work but not power :(. Thank odn for a reset button I was freaking I couldnt turn it off since there is no battery! Gonna give a go at TWRP.

LOL, next time remember adb.

adb shell reboot

TWRP. is another good recovery, I use it on my HTC EVO 3D.

I use CWM recovery on my tablets though, just looks and feel better.

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
HAHA I was looking at my boardconfig.mk and I had commented out BOARD_HAS_NO_SELECT_BUTTON. So after I changed that was able to build a working CWM-based recovery v6.0.1.2!!!

*DISCLAIMER*
I NOR ANDROIDTABLETS.NET WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKS, BOOTLOOPS, DEVICES CATCHING ON FIRE NOR THE IMPENDING WORLD END. HACK RESPONSIBLY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND AS ALWAYS YOUR MILELAGE MAY VARY!
:p

*THINGS TO NOTE*
1. The recovery backsup to an EXTERNAL SD CARD so you must have one with atleast 800mb free.
2. For whatever reason the cwm isnt permanent, which I kind of like, the update.zip must be applied EVERYTIME you want to BOOT CWM!
*easiest way is to apply update.zip to internal sdcard; goto system settings>about tablet>update through internal storage. Once IN stock recovery goto apply update from /nand and choose update.zip. *VIOLA*

3. Navigation= vol+ vol- Select= power.
4. PROFIT!!!!

So anyways here it is
http://goo.gl/rKktL enjoy!

Last edited:

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
Oh sweet. I have been looking for source code for a long time now. I was looking in wrong place. Cant wait till telchips releases jellybean.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
For whatever reason the cwm isnt permanent, which I kind of like, the update.zip must be applied EVERYTIME you want to BOOT CWM!
It sounds like Coby's using the Dell Streak "install-recovery.sh" trick. In the Dell Streak, that .sh file is a script that overwrites the existing recovery with the stock one on every boot. Take a look at the .sh files in your tablet and see if you can find one that does this very thing. If there is one, rename the extension to .disabled and that should allow the recovery to persist upon rebooting.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It sounds like Coby's using the Dell Streak "install-recovery.sh" trick. In the Dell Streak, that .sh file is a script that overwrites the existing recovery with the stock one on every boot. Take a look at the .sh files in your tablet and see if you can find one that does this very thing. If there is one, rename the extension to .disabled and that should allow the recovery to persist upon rebooting.

No he compiled a ramdisk recovery (temporary recovery) that is the way that type of recovery works, I compile permanent recoveries. I build (temporary recovery) just for testing new devices, not for release to public, Once I am ready to release a recovery I releases permanent recovery.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
its cool ive got a back up and it works fine ... i thought you were never releasing?
? I am not following you

If you are talking about the above post I was just trying to explain to Traveller1701 why you need to flash it each time, it's a per use recovery. Traveller1701 thought that the recovery was being flashed back to stock on each boot, via a script, but in reality it's always stock, just during temp recovery, cwm is usable.