MID8127 Questions

drama

Jan 22, 2013
Hi everyone...i have some questions and if somebody can help me that would be very nice!Few days ago I won a
COBY KYROS 8'' MID8127 (android 2.3.3)at some game show on tv:rolleyes:
So last few days i was exploring this 'thing'...and I saw some updates on web(jelly bean 4.1 for example),and I saw on you tube how it looks like when its updated and i liked it,and I want to update mine...but i have to admit that i am a bit stupid when it comes to this :)
So is there someone who can help me about this?I'll be grateful....

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Drama, congratulations on your new Coby tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I''ve moved your thread here for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

andyberlin

Jan 8, 2012
I'm in Germany and mine was already updated, so I haven't tried it. However, I think you just navigate to the Coby site (we use Consumer Entertainment Products for Home, Office or On the Go! | COBY) from your tablet and click the link to download the update package. Obviously you have to have access to the internet from the tablet first.

I think the download installs an app on your tablet called Android 4 Upgrade and you probably have to click on the app icon to install the upgrade. I presume the tablet either reboots automatically or you are prompted to reboot. If it reboots into a screen with an android robot with the front open and a big red danger (!) sign, don't panic, this is just the recovery screen. Leave it for a few minutes and it will reboot by itself. It is probably a good idea to have the tablet plugged in to the power while you do this, because if the battery runs out during recovery this can cause serious problems.

Good luck. If it doesn't work, let us know and we'll work through it with you. By the way, has your tablet got the Google Play or only GetJar? We can help you get Google Play if not.

Andy

Last edited:

drama

Jan 22, 2013
Hi Andy,
first of all I want to thank you for your reply!!!
I have done it,and it was easier than I thought it would be,and best of all it is working just great!I've found a way how to install google play,and i did that too,and its working great also...but thank you anyway! ;)
Now my coby is really something else!