MID8127 - WiFi stopped working after I tried and failed to install the market

Jueru

Dec 17, 2011
I tried to install the market but it didn't work. And ended up making the ES file manager crash on loading. So I did a factory reset and tried again. It fixed the file manager but the market still would not work.

Then I realised that the wifi would not connect. I'm in the same place, and it was working before. I haven't changed any settings aside from trying to install the market and have since done another factory reset which did not fix it.

I've double checked the wifi WEP code, it is correct and the network I'm trying to connect to has a good signal strength.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Wifi says it is scanning and then says it is disconnected. It was working before I tried to install and nothing else has changed.n

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It happened to me when there was un unprotected network (no password) nearby, so it would try to connect to it instead of my preferred network (which has a password that was entered previously). I had to go to WiFi settings, click on the unprotected network and the select "Forget".

Factory reset in Settings only removes the user data, not changes done in the system files, so in these cases a system recovery is more recommended. By the other hand, it's known that 8125 and 1125 can't get into recovery mode using physical buttons due to a firmware problem, so it may happen with 8127 as well. You can however use fastboot to do it (look for tutorials about 8125 and 1125 in order to get the instructions).

If you can't or don't wanna do it, I would test the device with another router to make sure it's working properly. If it's not, maybe it's a hardware issue and you should try to exchange it if possible.