Mini-Review of Vizio VTAB1008 Accessory Bundle

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
My wife and I caved and bought the accessory bundle from Costco for $50. It includes a leather case, stereo earbuds w/microphone and button, and soft rubber-tipped stylus.

The case, which doubles as an adjustable stand, is actually very nice. You may find the case to be worth the price, alone. That is the main reason we bought the bundles. My wife uses her stylus all the time. I use mine occasionally. It is handy, sometimes, I'll grant that.

The case being so nice and the stylus being handy is a good thing, because the earbuds... well... the "Sound Isolating High Performance Earbuds" were a serious disappointment. They're comfortable (they come with small, medium and large cushion sets) and the flat anti-tangle cord appears to work well at keeping things untangled. In test phone calls using GrooveIP with Google Voice they worked well. But the sound quality for music is, not to put too fine a point on it, execrable. Fine for phone use--probably better than high-quality headphones for that. But for music the best word to describe them is "tinny." Even with my impaired hearing they're basically intolerable.

Jim

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Sam's club has an accessory bundle that includes the case, stylus, and a screen protector, for $40. The case will only act as a stand in landscape mode. The case is well made and will protect the VTAB when carried in a purse, shoulder bag, or duffle. The case will close with the stylus clipped on the inside of the fold.

The screen protector was easy to install and the stylus works great.

Here is a link to the Costco bundle

If you only want the case you can get it at Wal-Mart for $20.