Missing Apps in Market

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Spent some looking into this but can't find anything so would be VERY grateful for some help.

I've just rooted my Kinpad with GingerBreak which was surprisingly quick and simple. I also froze Market using Titanium backup and uninstalled market updates (so it was back to the original Market). Lots of apps available but none of the ones that I want are visible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
It depends upon the version of Android and the recognition of device type by Market. These can cause many apps to not be visible or capable to download. There is also the Market Fix. This is Clearing the Cache of Google Services and Market and doing a forced stop in the correct order. Do a search on Market Fix and you will discover the instructions.
But there are many causes as to some apps. but the three listed are the primary causes.

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Tried Eris Market Fix and that didn't work. Will try Android SDK at weekend. Thanks very much

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
It is my understanding that the apps are missing for several key reasons. One of the primary reasons is that the apps are now filed via tested version capability. Thus if you are like me and have a rooted pad that wasnt meant to have the market on it from go but now it does then some of the apps will crash on install or crash period. And some even crash the pad itself. Im running vending 1.8 which works ok on my Pandigital Supernova. I grabed the new version a few weeks ago and it did install and showed all the apps but when you try to install anything it crashes completely and then eventually will crash the pad if you dont stop the service and remove it.

What ive been doing is when i want an app that i cant get, i just google it and see if I can find the raw APK on some place like filecrop. most of the time after a few mins of digging around i find a working app that is the current version and works just fine.

How that helps

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
I'm not getting any crashes, just can't see them and been using GetJar. Turning into a headache, should've bought a branded version. I think Google are missing a trick here and is one reason why iPhone/iPad's are doing so well.