Missing Shared Library error

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
Hey All,

I seem to be having an issue with downloading a few market apps (just a few not most); when I try to download OpenTable or Yelp, it downloads but fails to install saying "missing shared library." Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks!

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I haven't, but..... You do have your sd card in, right? I've left mine out after flashing before and had download/install failures.

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
I haven't, but..... You do have your sd card in, right? I've left mine out after flashing before and had download/install failures.

Hm yep, SD card is in. I tried unmounting it and installing just for kicks, but that didn't work either :( Can you try installing yelp or opentable to see if it's just me or everyone? hehe :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Opentable downloads, but I get a FC instantly. Gonna try this one on my phone, cuz it looks like I might enjoy it. Thanks =)
EDIT: Ok, that's friggin awesome.. Going on vacation later this week and this will come in VERY handy! Works on my phone, btw.. I bet it's related to the lack of a GPS on the NC..

Yelp downloads and starts up just fine.

Last edited:

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
Hmm rats, I wonder what's causing the issue :( Ah well, I guess I can always use my phone for yelp and opentable. But it's the principal of the matter that's killing me! lol :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
One thing that sometimes helps for oddball errors like this is the go into ROM Manager and "Fix Permissions".. Probably unrelated, but I'd tried it on odd stuff and it has fixed things that made no sense. Worth a shot.

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
Hmm tried out the Rom Manager thing but unfortunately no go. I'm going to see if I can figure out someway to get R/W priviledges in my /system/app folder w/out buying root explorer, and then install a newer version of the market... would you happen to know of anyway of enabling R/W in there? :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah, buy Root Explorer lol

Sorry, that's how I did it when I autorooted.. I haven't noticed the need to do it since I've been using ROMs though.

Tell me something - What happens when you go to your app drawer and click on the superuser icon? Does it crash? If so, I have a hunch..

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Not all apps work on Beta2 rom, some apps just need to uninstalled and then reinstalled. Missing library could signal that the app was previously installed and perhaps made a folder on sd card. I would try the opposite and remove your sd card and then try to install. This works for some people who have trouble installing apps but usually not for the specific error the OP is getting. But worth a try. Initially your error sounds like wrong app version for the os version you are running but you said you are getting the app from the market.

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
Oops, nvm, so I got r/w permission to my system/app folder, but when I try to install the "vending (new).apk" it says it won't let me install... new hurdle :(

It just gives the error message "application not installed"

Last edited:

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
Anyone else get that error message when trying to install a new vending.apk? I've got root explorer and mounted the /system folder as r/w, but still no love :(

oompah

Apr 4, 2011
Oops, nvm, so I got r/w permission to my system/app folder, but when I try to install the "vending (new).apk" it says it won't let me install... new hurdle :(

It just gives the error message "application not installed"

I had a similar 'cannot load shared library' problem running WeatherBug Elite.

I just went here:

Honeycomb Google Apps and Market - nookDevs

Installed the two files as noted at the bottom and it now works great.

Good luck