Mobile redirect on browser

drozas

May 1, 2011
Has anyone figured out how to stop the tab from mobile redirect? I'm using dolphin and have done about:debug, but still nothing.

Sent from my A500

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
Does not seem to be any where you can stop it but you can go to menu and switch back via MORE>Mobile View.

I think I prefer the standard browser to be honest.

Pete

mark57

Jun 29, 2011
I'm running dolphin and just used the menu to change the user agent, and it work fine. YouTube is a pain in the arse on mobile, but dolphin is great

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You do realize that Dolphin is Just a thin wrapper around the stock browser, don't you?

Its no faster and it can't do any thing any better than stock.

Batchman

May 14, 2011
I still haven't figured out how to manage my bookmarks in the stock browser (changing the order, adding and deleting folders, etc). Maybe I'm just missing something. Because that's easy in Dolphin, and the desktop setting sticks there, I'm using that.

mark57

Jun 29, 2011
That it might be, but whatever theyve done to make the user agent stick to the setting you choose works, wherethe stock browser resets every time.

tonyselon

Jul 23, 2011
I have tried stock broswer and Dolphin since upgrading to HC 3.1 and both only give mobile version of the site if the site has one.

I've installed Firefox and that doesn't redirect to mobile version of a site so give it a try.

TP

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
Try Skyfire if you're using the browser for videos or something. It plays Flash much faster than the stock browser.
There's a nice setting option in there that asks you whether you want to view a web page as if you're viewing it from a desktop or from a tablet. It's extremely helpful.