Mobiplayer slowly plays 1080p HD Movies from my 5DMKII / .cr2 raws readable ?

ASUS

Dec 24, 2011
Hi,

I have a 5DMKII dslr which captures 1080p HD movies, a collegue said I should install mobiplayer but it plays them very slow.
Is the TF101 16GB not capable of playing this or do I need special code packs ?
What about viewing .cr2 raw pictures ?

Thanks!

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
You do need one of the ARM...v7 codec packs from the Android Market - there should be something in the app that tells you specifically what codec to download. I forget which one it is, and I don't have a Transformer anymore as of the moment. Take a look around, it should be there somewhere!

I'm not sure about the RAW files, however; unless Canon has released an app, or somebody has figured out how to display them, I doubt it.

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
The issue with Moboplayer is it uses software (cpu) decoding. This is fine for 480p videos. If you step up to 720p and higher the TF cannot handle these being software decoded.

The stock Gallery player uses hardware (gpu) decoding for .mp4, but that is the only type it can play.

Check out MX Player wich does HW decoding for both video and audio. It blows Mobo out of the water. It remembers where you left of in videos so you can switch apps, come back and pick right back up. It also marks videos watched as finished in the library. It will download the codec you need for your processor, and then you should be golden. I ended up setting the audio to software decoding if the video is using the hardware. Plays 1080p files fine on my TF101 so long as they are not across the network. 720p also uses software decoding when across the network with MX, but you can copy to your TF or a microSD and it will play them fine with MX Player. There is a free version in the market, and a paid one. I suggest testing the free one and see if it works for you and then purchase if you like the product to continue to support the developer.

As for .cr2 RAW files, I have seen very few people with any luck rednering RAW files on any tablet. Any luck they have it is still not very good. Much better to stick with a real computer for anything like that IMO.