[MOD] Battery % mod for rooted users on .56

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
So far I have resisted the update (It continues to beg for an update and I resist the urge). I bought my "New" Vizio and paid extra because unknowingly a fresh unupdated and virgin Vizio is the best. I am unconcerned about the battery life indicator, I had no problem getting registered with google G-mail (another requirement for Android users) and will be on the fence before getting e books and chosing which ebook franchise.

So far I am happy with the IR remote and the You tube capability. I also play pre formated MP4 (for PSP/IPod) have no problem with MP3 natively (Micro SD card folder is named Gallery/MOVIES for MP4 and named Gallery/Pictures for Jpeg photos. MUSIC folder is separate from Gallery) Basically Vizio has met my multimedia needs even though a bit more expensive than a PSP.

What the he'll does this have to do with the post lol

Sent From My Rooted VTAB1008 Using Tapatalk

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Looks cool. Is it possible to get a script for this?

Thanks...Brad

Ya i actually have one made. The just got swapping apk so fast to to get mod didn't bother lol. I also think I found where clock is. I'm going to decompression that jar tonight to see. I'm going to do a few battery styles as well. Doing one tonight that is all Grey and matches stock color.

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
here it is:p $vtabbattery%.jpg

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
added apk to script format flash from recovery. added Grey % with the black taskbar its almost dead on to default stock colors see first post. report back please.

also update on the clock. the script is definitly in the services.jar in servicebarpolicys1.xml issue is its unlike any format i have ever seen. not like gb or fryos.its going to take some tuning to get it right. ill keep trying. my last attemp hd the whole taskbar. lol it was sold black no info. had to restore apk. ill keep trying i hate taskbar clock!

Last edited:

BPisMe

Nov 16, 2011
Not sure where I went wrong...but it's not working for me.

1 I put the blue zip file on the SDCard.
2 I rebooted into CWM
3 I chose Install Zip and selected the zip file
4 It looked like it was installing with no errors
5 I wiped the cache
6 I Rebooted

Any ideas...Brad

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Could be updater ill look at it in a hr when i get home. I always overwrite

brad do you have busybox installed? you need to install busybox to xbin if not report back please.
Sent from my Miui powered Evo 3D tapa tapa tapa

Last edited:

BPisMe

Nov 16, 2011
I do have buzybox but I did not install it on purpose, it probably was installed while I was rooting. There is a busyboz file in /system/xbin. There is also a /busybox directory.

Brad

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Might be the issue I installed it from market
Ionly have in xbin no directory weird. I used superoneclicknto root

Last edited: