Modal window in ICS on Tablet

noidsign

Apr 1, 2012
Hello everyone, I am very new to this forum.

I wanted to ask you:
do you know if ICS is supporting modal window? I am referring to what in iPad is something like this:
Taska%20for%20iPad%20-%20Task%20Window.png

It's quite nice because you can perform not so complex tasks within the modal.

If this kind of element/interaction exists, can anyone provide me an example/screenshot and possibly where I could find stencils (like psd, png, ai, omnigraffle, etc) for it? That would be absolutely fantastic.

Thank you so much everyone beforehand.

Cheers!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
This is definitely possible, now my Galaxy Tab 7 plus, although Honeycomb, has a number of apps Samsung has included including Calander, a notes app, calculator etc that run on top of any open application. This is also possible in ICS although I haven't seen a lot of apps that take advantage of it. You should look into OverScreen or Stick It! that seem to allow running an app in a window on top of another app.

noidsign

Apr 1, 2012
Hi Tom, thanks for the answer. Although I was referring more to performing a task within the same app. For example, writing a new email from the email app, or change some settings within a section of an app. Nevertheless I will take a look at OverScreen and Stick It! as soon as I can.
Thanks!