Momo 11 Speed Root Anybody?

cacau

Sep 14, 2012
I got a momo 11 speed (RK3066) tablet yesterday, nice and really speedy. Now if anybody can help with rooting it would be nice :)

PaRaMoRe333

Sep 18, 2012
Hey man, I was in the same situation as you. brought the Momo Speed over a month ago, I thought i was buying a pre-rooted tablet but found out it wasn't. I did hours of research, emails to ployer and numerous attempts with different software to root the tablet. After a week I finally found a forum for another similar tablet with software that actually succeeded in rooting my momo. download this (static.opda.com/zhuodashi/ZhuoDaShi-2.2.9-setup.exe) (download time is very slow, but spyware free) . the software is in chinese, but the obvious root button that is in english helps a lot lol . There's instructions some-what on this forum flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?1183-How-to-root-the-Cube-U30GT&p=11116 . sign up and read if you are having troubles. Enjoy = D

cacau

Sep 14, 2012
Thanks man, I'll try and report promptly, what version is your rom? Mine is 4.0.4...

PaRaMoRe333

Sep 18, 2012
Thats Alright : ) . Ive upgraded mine to the latest Android 4.1 Jellybean released for the momo speed . But it is horrible, it crashes and freezes way to often. I hope Momo put copy's of the roms on their website to download in the near future. 4.0.4 rom is soo much stable

cacau

Sep 14, 2012
Yeah, I've email them before buying, and they mention the problems they had with 4.1 - so I was pre-informed that I was going to get 4.0.4 :p

cacau

Sep 14, 2012
Hey man, I was in the same situation as you. brought the Momo Speed over a month ago, I thought i was buying a pre-rooted tablet but found out it wasn't. I did hours of research, emails to ployer and numerous attempts with different software to root the tablet. After a week I finally found a forum for another similar tablet with software that actually succeeded in rooting my momo. download this (static.opda.com/zhuodashi/ZhuoDaShi-2.2.9-setup.exe) (download time is very slow, but spyware free) . the software is in chinese, but the obvious root button that is in english helps a lot lol . There's instructions some-what on this forum flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?1183-How-to-root-the-Cube-U30GT&p=11116 . sign up and read if you are having troubles. Enjoy = D

I've tried this, but unfortunately I have a problem, I don't have the appropriate ADB drivers to connect momo to my computer...

Edit: I've managed to set up the adb drivers, then connect in USB debugging mode, then when I hit "root" nothing happens...

Last edited:

cacau

Sep 14, 2012
O.k. done! It was some what "semi-rooted", so when hitting "root" nothing happened. I have had to unroot first and then root again. Everything's fine now. Thanks :)

Beekey900

Sep 30, 2012
Sorry if I am being dumb, I am an Android newbie!

O.k. done! It was some what "semi-rooted", so when hitting "root" nothing happened. I have had to unroot first and then root again. Everything's fine now. Thanks :)

Hi, Great info so far everyone. Can you tell me were you found the ADB drivers and how you 'Unrooted' first? I am guessing thats an option on the software, but having to got this as yet was unsure.

I am hoping that once I have rooted mine I will be able to tether it to my old IPhone 3. Any further advice on that one?

cacau

Sep 14, 2012
ADB drivers from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23667269&postcount=3 . Then you have to register here FlashMyAndroid and then go to post http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/...ull=1#post6421 download the attachment, rename to "android_winusb.inf" and substitute the one in the ADB folder with the renamed. Once you installed the ADB drivers, connect the tablet and go to the next step: When you start ZhuoDaShi (after you connect the tablet) you'll see the word "ROOT" down on the left part of the start screen. If the tablet is semi-rooted the letters will be green, so go in the tools menu and hit (X)unroot. Wait one or two minutes, then back on the start screen and there you'll see that "ROOT" has gone red. Once again on "tools" menu, hit (V)root, wait one or two minutes for the procedure. Go to the start screen and check, now "ROOT" will be green again, and this time you'll be fine. Install "root checker" from google play and check it out, just to be sure!

Last edited:

Beekey900

Sep 30, 2012
No luck with ADB drivers on home PC (Win XP).
Tried today at work (WIN 7) got the ADB drivers installed. Not sure I should be running the root app from work tho'!
Any thoughts on the XP driver failure?

Beekey900

Sep 30, 2012
OK so I took the plunge and installed zhuodashi at work and within minutes I had unrooted and then re-rooted my ployer momo8 IPS successfully! Happy days. Installed root checker and all good. Thank you for all of your help and advice 'cacau'.
Onto the next problem (ha ha) when trying to shell onto the tablet i get 'error device not found'. If I use 'adb devices' nothing is listed. This is mentioned elsewhere as a driver installation issue but how can that be if I just used that driver when I rooted my tab?