Momo 8 IPS - Can't Put New Files on External SD Card

rominho

Jan 7, 2013
Hi guys,

I got myself a Momo8 IPS a few days ago (great piece of gadget), then I bought a 32gb miniSD card to go with it. At the start everything was fine, however I after some time I realized that everything I transfer from the PC to the card via USB connection simply disappear as soon as I unconnected the cable (after properly ejecting the disc on the pc and turning USB off on the tablet).

I've downloaded a bunch of apps and messed around with their settings quite a bit (I'm still new to the tablet world) so I don't know if this could be some app's setting being messed up with or even some settings on the tablet itself.
The first files I transfer would be there and not be erased but anything new would disappear as soon as I unconnected the cable.

I've since formatted the card, but again... the same problem.

Some of the more "complex" apps I have:

ES task Manager
ES File Explorer
Titanium Backup
Super SU
Root Checker
Samba file sharing
Lookout Security and Antivirus

Any suggestions out there??

Last edited:

mnementh

May 27, 2012
Of course the simple workaround would be to use a microSD card reader on the PC for bulk file transfers... anything else you should be able to download from the internet via the tablet's own WiFi connection.

This sounds like an odd one; you can read/write to the SD card from the tablet's File Explorer?

Oh, wait... make sure you're in the right mounted device. You want to be in the "EXTERNAL SD card"; the one labeled "SDCard" is actually the 16MB internal storage.

mnem
*Enabling D'OH! moments since nineteen mumblety-mumble*