Momo11 Speed supplier suggestions?

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Hi all,

I think I am going to go for a Momo11 Speed, and I was wondering whether anyone had any recommendations of suppliers? There are some that claim to be available at the moment, but it seems generally that it's not actually available yet, so am quite wary of them.

Although I'm in the UK, I'm going to be in the USA for a few months by the time GTR can supply the Speed model, so looking elsewhere... Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

cau96176

Aug 29, 2012
I bought my momo11 bird from **********

I was going to buy a Speed from here for £130 delivered
Wholesale 9.7quot; Ployer Momo11 Speed Dual Core Android 4.0 Tablet PC IPS Rockchip RK3066 1.4GHz Dual Camera, Free shipping, $205.96-214.23/Piece | DHgate

Seller has 100% feedback and DHGate hold the funds till it is delivered.
Only problem is getting a hold of the UK charger

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
I bought my momo11 bird from **********

I was going to buy a Speed from here for £130 delivered
Wholesale 9.7quot; Ployer Momo11 Speed Dual Core Android 4.0 Tablet PC IPS Rockchip RK3066 1.4GHz Dual Camera, Free shipping, $205.96-214.23/Piece | DHgate

Seller has 100% feedback and DHGate hold the funds till it is delivered.
Only problem is getting a hold of the UK charger

I wanted a UK supplier so I had UK warranty and fast delivery, next day and including UK 2A charger - I'm happy.
Plus the additional protection of Amazon procedures.
Big Tech Direct @ Amazon.co.uk:

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for your responses!

Momo11SpeedUK - I see that on Amazon it's listed as a "neutral version without logo" which seemed a bit odd to me. Can you confirm that it didn't have any Ployer branding? It doesn't feel entirely trustworthy to me...

cau96176

Aug 29, 2012

Momo11SpeedUK - I see that on Amazon it's listed as a "neutral version without logo" which seemed a bit odd to me. Can you confirm that it didn't have any Ployer branding? It doesn't feel entirely trustworthy to me...

Hi Londongirl,

I understand the UK supplier idea :)

The reference to neutral version without logo - is the firmware that is running on the tablet - my original Momo11 Bird came un-neutral (if that's even a word!!)
It had the Ployer logo on the wallpaper plus around 10 chinese apps installed that don't just uninstall, they are built into the thing.

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012

I bought the Ployer version that they also list (but would've gone for the neutral had I seen it before buying).
There are several sellers also listing the MOMO11 Speed with Android 4.1 (JellyBean) installed already - so if you don't want to update yourself it could be an option... The only JellyBean ROM I can find is the Chinese official.

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Hi cau96176, thanks for the explanation! I had got myself confused and thought maybe it was a dubious copy of Ployer's tablet.

Think I can handle updating it myself, so will go for Big Tech Direct! Thanks for your assistance - excited to get it! :)

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
Think that you're going to like it :cool:

Even my 8 year old said "This iPad is better than the others"

$Screenshot_2012-09-01-22-27-41.png

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Sweet! Can I check - is it a 5 or 10 point touchscreen? The two Amazon pages list different things...I don't think it will make a huge difference to me, but just interested to see!

Going to go for it very soon, but slightly worried that I should wait until it's rolled out properly in case there are any hiccups! It's just too tempting...

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
Sweet! Can I check - is it a 5 or 10 point touchscreen? The two Amazon pages list different things...I don't think it will make a huge difference to me, but just interested to see!

Going to go for it very soon, but slightly worried that I should wait until it's rolled out properly in case there are any hiccups! It's just too tempting...

10 point touch.
There are Ebuyer sold alternatives (Sumvision and Yarvik) that seem to be based on/made by Ployer too. Glad I went with Ployer though for ROM updates, etc.

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Just in case it's of use to people, I ordered from Big Tech Direct and received the old model with the Speed's specifications rather than the new design of the Momo11 Speed. Submitted a return claim as definitely wanted the Speed's new build, hopefully will go through without problem.

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
Just in case it's of use to people, I ordered from Big Tech Direct and received the old model with the Speed's specifications rather than the new design of the Momo11 Speed. Submitted a return claim as definitely wanted the Speed's new build, hopefully will go through without problem.
Which did you order? The Ployer or the 'neutral'?
What difference besides speaker placement sways you?

cau96176

Aug 29, 2012
Which did you order? The Ployer or the 'neutral'?
What difference besides speaker placement sways you?

Yeah I noticed this difference in pictures the other day - one has a black plastic rim running around the edge of it held in place with two screws like the Momo11 Bird. Apparently this called Momo11 bird II or momo11 2nd generation. It has the same internals of the speed though

The real Speed has an aluminium bac that comes right up the sides and meets the screen pretty much iPad like