Momo11 Speed supplier suggestions?

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Hi, sorry for the delay - hectic few days. I ordered the 'neutral' one, but the listing was for the new model rather than the Bird design.

Mostly, I was also a little worried as Big Tech Direct don't seem to have been going too long, and when it arrived it was in the Bird packaging whereas I had explicitly selected the listing with the new Speed design. It's quite a big purchase for me, and I felt like it was really misleading of them to sell the tablet through that page, when there is already another listing for the "Momo11 Bird II" and which they already sell it through. Maybe a bit over-cautious, but I'm not great with technology so if something went wrong I wanted to have full trust in the supplier.

I was also swayed because of the price - I heard through Gary at GTR Electronics that he will be getting his order towards the end of the month, and it seemed the Speed model would be rolled out in force then. I figure that the Bird model with the Speed specs would then drop in price a lot.

Last edited:

cacau

Sep 14, 2012
Got it today, must say that I'm impressed! Seems to be a quality product, screen response is so fast that I've changed the default settings to have the time to select what I want from lists etc. :p Starting up in English, no Chinese apps, immediate wi fi connection (didn't tried in another room yet), Google account log in, auto synchronize, and then found one main update Google market to play store, afterwards found some minor updates (maps, twitter etc.). Everything fine till now.

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
Got it today, must say that I'm impressed! Seems to be a quality product, screen response is so fast that I've changed the default settings to have the time to select what I want from lists etc. :p Starting up in English, no Chinese apps, immediate wi fi connection (didn't tried in another room yet), Google account log in, auto synchronize, and then found one main update Google market to play store, afterwards found some minor updates (maps, twitter etc.). Everything fine till now.

Glad it's all good ;)
Has it arrived rooted already? And the answer is probably yes... but does it show as a MOMO11 Speed in 'settings'?

EDIT: Sorry - too quick on the post.
I saw your post on the other thread so know that it wasn't pre-rooted. :eek:

Last edited:

cacau

Sep 14, 2012
And I didn't manage to root - for now... Keep trying, if someone could help :)

Edit: Done! But now I'm really tired , so I'll write down a post with the complete procedure one of this days...

Last edited:

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
I rooted just after I first got it, using the Chinese app (ZhuoDaShi).
It took a few attempts as it was kind of rooted already - but not at a useable level... and I stupidly was trying to root and getting a failure message, rather than un-root and then re-root.