Most devices still use 4.1

edap

Dec 12, 2012
According to distribution data for the Android OS platform, shared by Google for the month of September, Android Jelly Bean (versions 4.1.x and 4.2.x) now comprises 45.1 percent of all Android devices - at least the ones that meet Google's criterion, compared to the joint share of 40.5 percent that the versions registered, last month.
Among Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.x is just present on 8.5 percent devices, while Android 4.1 has a distribution share of 36.6 percent. This clearly explains the state of fragmentation within Android's latest releases, while Google chooses to group them together under one name to offset it.
Also, the data doesn't even include Android 4.3 Jelly Bean's share. Google had unveiled Android 4.3, a new version of Android, in July but it's present on so few devices that it doesn't even make an appearance on the chart.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I use ICS on most of my devices, I have 9 devices, 7 use ICS, 2 use JB.

paulwalter824

Oct 17, 2013
bought myself a Galaxy s3 phone it came with 4.1 I put it to charge and went to bed and when I got up it had an upgrade downloaded to 4.3
totally changed the phone but it works really well

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I've got the exact same phone, in pebble blue. Got my 4.3 update last week. The 4.4 KitKat update is coming in March-April, next year.