Most versatile video player for flashback

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
I was at some drag races this week end and recorded some great video on my HTC Evo. If I move the file to my grab what would be the most versatile video player to use. This are some awesome shots I would like to share.Dan

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Try moboplayer. No editing, but nice playback. It will ask you to download a codec. Its OK. I did and it plays really good.

sent from my CM7 Gtablet using Tapatalk

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
OK just maybe it is the video captures from my EVO... :-( Some of the videos sync and lock to full screen with no issues. Others seem to not be able to find the sync signal at all and checkerboard all over the screen. Audio is still there on all. Any suggestions? Should I try a different camera to see if that is the issue? Will probably do that anyway, but there are some really great shots that I hate not being able to watch over again.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
This is an area that I am not good at, and I am not good at most of everything anyway. Therefore I have to rely on a good Video Converter, such as AVS or DVD Catalyst.

The converters give necessary information about a video clip. Things like video codec, frame size, bitrate and frame rate would tell if a video player can handle it or not. It may be necessary to know what the HTC Evo is capable of. If the frame size is 680x480 and fps is within 23.976 then most if not all video players can handle.

You will find that there are a variety of video players to choose from. All are good on what they are designed for. The selection is mostly users' preference. For example, I have mobo player, vital player, vplayer, xyplayer, zimly media player, vlc mobile, etc . . . and I ended up staying with rockplayer universal full version. This one can handle upward to 1080p. Depending of the rom, whether it has gpu accelerated or not, it may or may not be able to keep up with the sound. Same thing with fps. Most are 30fps or less, but some video clips, such as from my flipultra HD, are at 60fps and they could provide a challenge for any tablet.

Therefore, a question like yours will prompt different suggestions and the results vary. So this is not a simple black and white answer. The incompatibility between android devices provides a challenge to users at times.

Dave,