Moto sent Best Buy a survey on Xoom

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
So I was visiting my Best Buy locations today and the two I went to said that Moto sent them a survey asking them their opinion on the device. They said they had a 100% participation and that was a first for them. All of which said it was over priced. They said Moto is now deciding on if they want to launch with that price.

Background on me: I am a District Sales Manager for Sierra Wireless. We make Aircards for Sprint, at&t, Clear, and Best Buy carries our products. I spoke with two Mobile managers and they both confirmed this. Let's hope we see a drop in price.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I think they should lower the price to $549 for retail... then $200 for Verizon. At $549... I would buy one. At $800 or higher... nope.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Because if Apple made this instead, there would be way less complaining

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I replied to their official Motorola Facebook page. Everyone on their trashed them on their price. If Motorola can't see all the negativity then they are blind. I think I was the only optimistic and nice person on there.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Appears Motorola is taking notice considering they want to now release the tablet "around" $600.