Moto Xoom Bluetooth Keyboard Works Great with A500

panda

Apr 25, 2011
Purchased this for $55 including tax and shipping from Amazon and it works great except for the Gmail and Messaging hotkeys. The keyboard is slim, light, and stands at a good angle when you place it on a flat surface due to strategic positioning of the battery compartment. Takes standard AA batteries which lowers the power drain on your A500 and ensures you'll be able to use it no matter where you are in the world. I have to give it a big thumbs up!

Sporto699

May 16, 2011
I am typing this on my Xoom keyboard and I agree with you entirely. This particular keyboard is perfect for the A500. All buttons except Gmail and Messaging seem active. Keys are light and responsive without feeling cheap or flimsy. The Iconia keyboard is shipping now from Amazon and I considered it but I really just liked the form factor of this Moto keyboard too much. It is angled nicely and it fits perfectly into my targus case that I use for transporting my tablet. I was hestitant to spend $60.00 on this but I can now say that I firmly believe this was money well spent. Just downloaded the full version of Documents to Go and now my little tablet has all the tools it needs (combined with my 32gb sd card) to be the on-the-go lightweight productivity beast that I so desired. In the three weeks I've had this tablet I've turned on my laptop a whopping grand total of three times, and now I only expect my laptop use to decrease even further.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
That's a beautiful thing. I believe I'm going to follow you and check one out.

Sporto699

May 16, 2011
$uploadfromtaptalk1307719536193.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1307719565931.jpg
The Iconia with the xoom bluetooth keyboard..... And making the Acer case not suck so bad lol
I had ordered that sticker off of Amazon.com and received one that was missing the urine stream aimed at the apple. I contacted the seller who sent me a correct sticker and I cut up the old one to design my terrible Acer case.

Last edited:

fweiss09

Jun 14, 2011
forgive the ignorance of my question, I'm new at all this tablet stuff. Do the keyboards have to be specified for the tablets? Reason being, I have a wireless keyboard (usb connect) keyboard that I use for my pc and was curious if this may work by plugging into the usb port on the tablet. I suppose I could just plug it in and see but not sure how drivers would be installed for operation...help?