Motorola Xoom App for texting other friends and phones

fireball

Feb 26, 2011
Hi i just baught a motorola xoom today i havent had a phone since the blackberry and know nothing about the droid i have a few friends that have them but i never got one waited for somthing like this becuase i am more of a computer tech than a phone person

I use my laptop most of the time to comunicate with i mean a lot

i use yahoo messenger for texting and comunicationg and i also do e mails

well the yahoo messenger app is not like the program whare you can text any phone

i am wondering if their maybe an ap for this like the yahoo messenger sms txt

i heard nadcet sms should work i am going to try that

and i have another question also i have been seeing people already qucikbooting these or somthing what does that do to the system

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
google voice will send sms messages once you get a google voice number.

bbbehrens

Mar 1, 2011
When the tablet is activated, a 'phone' number is assigned. However, after being passed over to Motorola from Verizon, the Moto techs advised that SMS/MMS are NOT supported on the Xoom - period. Their promos, etc. all indicate support gor Google talp only. If you want texting, internet-based services, like AIM, will work. This annoys me to no end BUT - other that that - the device does rock.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
try taking a look at e-buddy messenger. it is a multi-platform chat client for Android, allows you sign into AIM, Live Messenger, Yahoo, Facebook, etc. All you need is a Wifi or other network connection.

cheers,
p