Motorola Xoom or Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Jun 28, 2011
I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm thinking about getting an Android tablet. Specifically, I have $500 in eBay bucks that I'll be able to spend next month. My original intention was go just get a Nook Color but as the available funds have risen, so have my ambitions.

Realistically, I have no use for a tablet so it would just be a toy. I think the biggest requirement for me is a GPS chip so I can use navigation software when tethered to my phone. I've seen conflicting information on both the Xoom and Tab 10.1 with regard to GPS on the WiFi only models.

So, I'd like to hear everyone's comments on these two tablets (and any other tablet you'd like to recommend too). Whatever it is, I have to be able to buy it on eBay.

Thanks!

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
I looked at these and others including the iPad 2 and went with the Acer A500, if the Toshiba Thrive had been available I may have gone with that.

Still very happy with the A500 (wireless only), USB works spot on with card readers or thumb drives, micro SD card works great, GPS is brilliant with OziExplorer and other programs. Other GPS software works without having to be tethered to the phone if you want.

There was a couple of features on the Galaxy and the Xoom that were either not there or were not working, the A500 has all of these working perfectly out of the box.

Cheers.

Pete