Motorola Xoom price rumor - WIFI only - "Around $600"

BigCardinal

Jan 16, 2011
These companies become faaar too proud of their products. They just shot themselves in the foot if this is truly the price. I expect the Samsung tab to drop in price soon and I may opt for that just because it works and works well. Maybe I won't be a first adopter of the newest and greatest tabs if this is the pricing they are asking for them.

Very well said.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

BigCardinal

Jan 16, 2011
Speaking as someone who's looking at the possibility of buying an Xoom, I'd say that a $799 price tag would suddenly make me start considering the virtues of the iPad.

I have been thinking the same. I hope Motorola realizes they need to price under their competition.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The Xoom is a better device than the iPad in every aspect. It is perfectly reasonable for Motorola to follow in the steps of the iPad. The iPad is priced at a much higher premium than the Xoom if you would just look at the specs.

salzybaby

Oct 5, 2010
Even if the galaxy s tab drops in price it will be out-dated in a few months. The market is going to blow up In 2 or 3 months.

Sent from my MID7015

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
The problem isn't that the Xoom isn't up to par (it's actually better!) spec-wise, the problem is that the overwhelming majority have the perception that the iPad is hands down just better than any android tab period no matter what. I know this isn't news to most, but really Moto and Google need to be better at advertising the advantages of their product.

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
The problem isn't that the Xoom isn't up to par (it's actually better!) spec-wise, the problem is that the overwhelming majority have the perception that the iPad is hands down just better than any android tab period no matter what. I know this isn't news to most, but really Moto and Google need to be better at advertising the advantages of their product.

Agree. They have to team up and communicate to end users.

achaeon

Feb 3, 2011
Speaking as someone who's looking at the possibility of buying an Xoom, I'd say that a $799 price tag would suddenly make me start considering the virtues of the iPad.

The specs arent even close to comparable. The iPad released a ****ty product and sold it for several hundred dollars and people gobbled it up. Motorola's releasing an amazing tablet product for around the same average price point.

Just compare the two, it's not even close. For what you're getting compared to what you get from iPad at their price point, you're getting a steal in comparison.

You want these companies to release a product that fits your price point, then they release something at that price point that isnt top of the line and everyone complains. You cant have it both ways. Either you want mediocre cheap products, or you want great, reasonably price products.

Last edited by a moderator:

achaeon

Feb 3, 2011
You want these companies to release a product that fits your price point, then they release something at that price point that isnt top of the line and everyone complains. You cant have it both ways. Either you want mediocre cheap products, or you want great, reasonably price products.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
achaeon the Xoom will be competing against the iPad2, which both devices have very similar features and specs. Where as the iPad2 will be released at a cheaper price.

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
Good grief. I have zero interest now in the xoom. If it was under $650 I would have bought one. Hell I just bought my wife an i3 laptop with a 500gb hard drive for $600 I could buy 2 more of those instead. Not as portable as a tablet......but we already have 3 smart phones between the two of us, two laptops,an ideos 7 tablet, an i7 quad core home computer, an ipod touch (yeah I know) and a couple video and music mp3 players, not to mention a full home theater (av rack,separates, 108 inch screen).................. Now I say all this for you Motorola................ (if you check in on the forums). I don't mind spending money for technology if I feel I am getting my moneys worth (hell I just put flat screens in my wifes exercise room and also her makeup room even though we already had 3 other tvs besides the theater) I love electronics and technology (I don't know as much as you forum guys know about android rooting etc) but I saw your new price for the xoom and I refuse to purchase it.

I am not sure who did your market research and pricing guidelines but if someone like me who jumps at every opportunity to upgrade and enjoy all the new toys balks at the price then you have some serious rethinking to do.

TechMike

Feb 11, 2011
They must mean the other Xoom. You know! The one with the 128 gb, Tegra 4 and mind reading interface. It's the only way I'd buy one at that price!