Move Apps to SD Card

TheRaynMan

Mar 8, 2014
I have searched everywhere and cannot find a way to move apps to my SD card.

I downloaded several different apps from googleplay, but none of them worked.

I'm using Jelly Bean.

This being the 21st and all, I thought this would be an easy task.

If I can't find a way to move apps to the SD card, I'll settle for installing apps to the SD card. However, I couldn't find a way to install to the SD card either.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. TIA,

TheRaynMan

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi TheRaynMan, congratulations on your Insignia tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. An external Micro SD Card (MSD AKA TF Card) is and always was intended as space to store your media files. Books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. are what you should be putting there. Some older systems allowed moving apps there if they were coded to allow it. Most of the newer systems do not.

Mar 9, 2014
Yah know that was the same exact thing I told my dad today when he gave me the tablet. I said it makes more sense moving apps to SD card. I see TheRaynMan is looking for a solution since earlier I can't ask my buisness partner he's still sleeping. But I might have the answer today....yah know what my 8 year old daughter did...She says" Mom this is the way you get rid of apps you don't like...she flicked into the garbage." I was wow you know alot to her. I will have lots of fun stories she has her own laptop.

imjohnl

Sep 22, 2014
Hi everyone and I am glad I found this community... Such a good knowledge base and great information.

I am having a similar issue with lack of space on my grandson's Samsung Galaxy Tab2. I can't even upgrade or add apps. The sdCard is empty and I would love to make it the default for data, music, pictures, and videos.

Alas - I don't know how and am stumped.

Thank you