Moved from Acer A500 to the Toshiba Thrive & Happy!

Dart

May 2, 2011
Hi guys,
I planned on buying the Toshiba Thrive to replace my Ipad, but it's release was delayed and the Acer Iconia A500 came out, and I jumped on it. Great device, but Acer support non-existent. What I needed was a full-sized SD card for my photograph transfers. Acer has a micro-SD which was working, sort of.

When the Thrive hit, I had no choice but to put the Acer on Ebay and I sprang for the Thrive. I was able to get all my apps backed up on the Acer and restored on the Thrive, and I am as happy as a clam.

The benefits of the Thrive over the Acer include the full-size SD card slot, the full size HDMI (Versus mini) the interchangeable backs, the texture of the back which makes it easy to carry. Also, for me the Thrive seems slightly lighter. Negatives include the Thrive being larger and not having a rear photo flash. I never used the flash on the Acer, so I am fine with that.

Another plus is the file manager Thrive provides, which is even better than Astro in some respects.

Wished I had been patient and just waited for the Thrive in the first place......lesson learned.

Dart

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
All's well that ends well. Congratulations on the new Thrive, glad you're so pleased with it.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I just used HDMI to my TV and its awesome, played angry birds on my 42" HDTV, lol

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum