Movies on an Acer A500

D

dvdcatalyst

And done :) (13 minutes for a 1h38m movie, 1.1GB in size)

$dragon_xoom_41RC2_done.jpg

$dragon_play.jpg

teenacaban

Aug 12, 2011
I have an Acer A500 tablet. I have followed advice from here and i get great movies but NO SOUND. These are the instructions i am following :
[h=2]Ripping Videos from DVD to the Acer - Solved[/h] Hey all,

With some help from Ken (taichimaster), we've figured out a good way to rip DVD video to good-quality watching on the Acer. You will need "DVDFab 8" for this, which is free and downloadable from the internet.

1) Open DVDFab 8, and put in your DVD.
2) Select "DVD Ripper" from the menu on the left.
3) Hover down to "More" on the Ripper section, and select "AVI"
4) At the bottom of the window, there's a selection for "Profile" which is currently set to "generic.avi.divx.audiocopy". This needs to be changed to "generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy"
5) To further customize (sacrifice Quality for Size of File), you can select "Edit" to the right of where you chose the profile. Here you can choose a customized "bitrate"... lower bitrate is lower quality, but smaller file. Then press "OK". I wouldn't go lower than 950 KBPS but your milage may vary on this depending on the video.
6) Select the episodes / files you want to rip, select Start, wait, and that's it!

Your new file will play on the Acer tablet, using Moboplayer.

If you choose option (5), to lower the bitrate to decrease the filesize, I noticed that 950 KBPS is watchable if you're not out to impress. But if you're wanting to do an HDMI thing or just have better quality, and can handle the drive space, then 1400 KBPS or higher is probably the way to go. One more thing - if you're ripping Family Guy or South Park or something, then you can probably get away with 800 KBPS or maybe even a bit less.

I get great picture quality but no sound can you help me? maybe my transfer of the data is off. Do i have to use a flash drive to transfer the movie to my tablet? I have sound on my laptop just doesnt transfer with sound HELP!!

Thanks
Teena

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
For Blu-ray and DVD movies, you have to rip and convert them for iconia a500, you can use Foxreal Blu-ray Ripper, which can convert/rip Blu-ray or DVD disc movies to MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, 3GP, MOV, MPEG, FLV, F4V, MPG or other audio/video formats for playback on your portable devices.